Generic websoap thread

• Members

I'm sure there's another one but I don't know where it is. If someone wants to find it and shut this down, be my guest.

I was mostly just starting this to link to some of these interviews, with some former soap names, including Lauren B. Martin, Colleen Zenk, Kevin Spirtas (still looks pretty good), HBS (I guess she's not former now), etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqAQh4DTUY

Signy Coleman is having all kinds of hair/makeup/cheek/lip issues. Or maybe I just haven't seen her in a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ISCj3U5Q54

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:D Ha, me too, on all accounts. I have found some web comedies and dramas that I've really enjoyed--but, while some of them are basically serials (despite finding a lot of it kinda pretentious, down to quoting reviews claiming they're a "gay Girls," I do like The Outs for example), but I've not been able to get into any of the self described "websoaps." Part of it is down to, though they've gotten better, they still tend to have ridiculously short episodes. To be fair, the last one I seriously tried was Gotham, a while back (the main thing I remember is the credits seemed longer than the show, and the font for the title looked like it should be called Goldrush instead.)

• Members

Venice season one was stellar. I like Squaresville & find it entertaining but one of my best friends is the lead, so... The Bay was the most promising. And the biggest disappointment. Gotham & Steamboat make the final year of GL look like a huge studio movie. I loved the bannen way.

• Members

I watched S1 of Venice and wouldn't call it stellar myself lol. It wasn't bad. I liked how it looked. It did come off as mostly professional.

I agree about The Bay. Disappointed for sure.

I've tried to get into a few but IDK, just never really could.

DeVanity seems like camp fun. I've watched a couple of Season 1 episodes and it actually is the only one that makes me really want to see more.

And with websoaps I think you kinda just have to appreciate they are trying and look past some writing and acting issues. Let's be honest, they have a lot of green actors.

But I wish them all well because I think there's a format for it.

• Members

The only websoap I've become addicted too (and still remain) is Anacostia. I like to refer to it as the "black" Knots Landing. Yes, the stories are over the top and the actors are green, but it is good soap. Plus, they managed to convince Martha Byrne to join their cast, so. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XodErqujEEQ

Season Three Season Finale

• Members

Although I am wondering how many different subscriptions people will tolerate, this is an interesting article in the New York Times.

In the video segment both All My Children and One Life To Live are mentioned:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/business/media/online-only-tv-shows-join-fight-for-attention.html?pagewanted=all

• Members

First, What is a "Green Actor"

Second, I define soaps as "Serialized Drama that runs on a daily or bi-dialy bases (Basically, 2-5+ episodes a week) for most of the year". I will CALL Dallas and Revenge a Soap. But they are not!!! A lot of prime time has soapy elements now but far from being a soap. Also, with soaps, there needs to be more than one family. Primetime soaps will SOMETIMES have more than one family but they are usually recurring.

Archived