DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know how much of a Mel/Molly fan I am, Jack. I could accept a Mel recast if the show approached Molly and she told them there was too much going on in her work career to return (and it looks like, from her tweets, that things are definitely looking up). Not to mention that Days would get me back as a viewer for a few months if Molly did return. I didn't stop watching because Molly left, but Mel's exit was one of many reasons why.

If the door shut for good, then yes, I would recast the part. There's a shortage of characters her age on the canvas.

• Members

EJ and Kristen addressed that Tuesday. He's been thinking about it. And now that Sami just told him, "I want Nick Fallon gone ...," who knows what will happen next?

The story is entering its next phase. It's not even close to over. "Spineless" Will made Nick come out of the Brady pub to tell him the truth today. "Yes." "Yes." Can't wait to see more of this scene tomorrow.

As for Justin being involved with the Chad/Gabi thing, Will doesn't know about that, so why would Will have thought that Justin had anything useful to add? Today showed again with how Rafe was acting, how much of a difference involving the Hernandezes could have had in stopping Nick. That is the only thing that really would have helped in my opinion, and I can agree if you say Will should have taken time to do that without stressing Gabi out. But I don't fault him that much for not doing so, as he probably thought it would upset Gabi and the baby, and I definitely don't fault him for not talking to Justin. If Sonny was so convinced his dad could offer something different, why didn't Sonny call Justin himself?

I liked Kristen having a scene with EJ and a scene with Chad, including asking Chad to move in to the mansion. I also liked Sami and Eric's scene. Tuesday was sibling scene day. I liked Kristen's observations to EJ when talking about being good and about what is right -- "Dimeras are born struggling with the concept of goodness" -- and her observation in response to EJ saying that Sami tries to do the right thing that Sami's idea of the right thing can be really different. Nice preview of the cliffhanger!

I wonder when Kate and Rafe are going to find out what just went down, and what they're going to do about it. They are the sane rational couple in all of this -- for now.

Nick talking about how he felt in prison was a bit like Kristen talking to Brady last week about the island. I felt for him. I still want him and Gabi to get married, eventually, though not tomorrow. Nick has mental issues but I still don't think of him as a bad person.

Super excited for Wednesday!

• Members

Me neither! But I also like the dramatic irony from them dragging it out a bit and having Sami and Sonny not tell Rafe and Kate on Tuesday.

Couple more things I wanted to mention --

Whoever speculated there might be a murder mystery for Nick, I can see why you feel that way now ... EJ, Sami, Kate, Rafe, Will, Sonny, they'd all have motives, and the idea of offing Nick has been openly mentioned. Especially with Vargas coming out of prison as a perfect fall guy. But I still don't think the show would want Blake Berris gone so soon. It may be that Nick will be kidnapped at some point.

Funny that Nick would have been willing to see Hope go to jail as part of his blackmail if Will didn't agree, but Hope is basically the only person he invited to the wedding at the courthouse.

• Members

I personally hope that Nick is not killed off. First of all, that is such an unimaginative way to wrap this SL up. To me, it has only really just started and now it is going to end with some cheap "Who killed Nick?" story? Six different characters filmed slugging him with a fireplace poker? I just feel there are more beats to play and mayhem to havoc with Nick alive. May should be the month that what happened to NIck in jail comes out and his crimes are exposed. I don't really want to see Sami, EJ and everybody else walking around smug, like, "Oh well, at least the homophobe's dead and we get our unborn grandbaby back." They are smug enough already.

I would like to think that Sami getting EJ to do her dirty work is her return towards the Dark Side. That is going to be interesting, although typical Sami not wanting to get her hands dirty herself and manipulating somebody else to take the fall for her.

I actually relate to Will being nervous and unsure about himself with Nick around. Nick has intimidated him since he returned to town. It's like a form of latent bullying among supposed "friends" (in Will's mind) that just grew and grew and grew until Will could no longer ignore the nastiness. I do think Will is going to stand up to Nick in today's episode, though.

• Members

I agree, I don't want Nick killed off, either. I'm hoping that the exploration of his prison experiences will make him more sympathetic to the audience -- not that we'll necessarily agree with him, but we'll understand why he is the way he is. I haven't watched today, so I don't know how E.J. responded to Sami's request, but I also don't want to see a return to DiMera crime melodrama. The show is more reality-based today than it has been in many years, and I like the change.

• Members

I truly can't stand Nick at all since he came back to the show, and I despise each and every character who has helped or enabled him during his time on the show. What he is doing is deplorable and I just want someone to crush him like the bug he is. Same with Gabi, can't stand that stupid bitch.

• Members

I love Sami seducing EJ like some evil succubus and whispering in his ear to get rid of Nick. That was hot

LOL...Nicole read Chloe good. "You are as transparent as your outfit"

Glad Will finally realized what a homophobic bigot Nick is

Is there any significance to Gabi naming putting Grace in her baby's name? Is that after Sami's dead baby?

Archived