DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am dumbfounded that Will can still defend Nick. If his motives were truly to protect his daughter from Sami and the family, then why send the txt first.

Sonny seems to be piecing it together and hopefully can remind him that Nick toyed with Will before telling him what he knew. I hope this makes Will realise Nick never wanted Will in his life and hopefully Will remembers that Gabi and Nick lied to him about the sonogram, even up to that point Nick wasn't willing to compromise, then all of a sudden he is willing to leave the room and give Will and Gabi alone time with the baby. I get Will didn't want to believe it at the time, but the writers need to let him realise Nick was never ok with it and why he wasn't, let him grow a pair and go after Nick.

• Members

I can see why Will tries to give Nick too much of the benefit of the doubt, and thinks it all just comes from Nick's love for Gabi and the baby and wanting to protect them, since I do that too even though unlike Will I can see everything Nick does. Haha.

I was surprised the show had Will sign the papers but it was believable why he would do it, and sad.

I loved Sami trying to sacrifice her rights for Will. Nick said, "This isn't a punishment, Sami" and I still think he doesn't see it as one, even if the show is going to say that he is doing it because Will is gay. Nick is right that Sami would never have stuck to it.

Chloe's mom is just enabling her. No conflict at all where she tries to talk any sense into her daughter. Disappointing so far.

Abigail and Cameron's conversation was nice, even if it was a bit awkward that Cameron waited that long to put a shirt on. We *still* don't really know how he feels about the whole viriginity thing, but we at least know he still wants to see Abigail. I liked Abigail having doubts and guilt about how she may have failed her dad.

Agree Abby should be involved more in the baby story.

Glad Rafe stuck up for Kate to Gabi. Gabi was right to be ticked off at Kate for some of what Kate had said to Nick in the past, but Gabi's attitude was way too much and I think she may have been transferring some of her anger at Sami to Kate. Gabi should have probed Nick a little more when he was saying everything was sorted. I still am waiting to see how she reacts when she finds out Will signed all his rights away. There better be at least a little bump in the road. I don't think Gabi is that stupid that she is just going to swallow everything NIck tells her, especially with Rafe in her ear too.

You think someone is going to find Kate at Rafe's place? Maybe that's why the show made a point of Rafe telling her to stay while he was gone.

• Members

There was no one else there besides Sami. He didn't need to apologize to Sami. He had no problem being hard edged and confrontational toward Sami and Will in front of other people. He just realized he crossed the line with his slur against Sami.

As Will said in another context, "Deep down you know this is wrong" -- Nick does have a moral compass.

I'll wait for the rest of the week to unfold to see whether I think he wants to hurt Will.

• Members

Will is so dumb to still believe Nick is this great guy and defend him. It really takes Sonny to tell him that Nick has been manipulating them the entire time? Will is so spineless and he should have talked to Justin like Sonny mentioned, but he's just rolling over and accepting defeat without exploring all his options

• Members

What good is talking to another lawyer going to do? The options are either Will goes to jail (which he would be fine with) and takes Roman, Bo, Hope, and Lucas down with him, or Will gives up his rights. This is why even EJ didn't put up much of a fight to get Will not to sign (although I think EJ may have something else up his sleeve too).

It would have made more sense for Will to demand that Gabi be part of this decision. That would have made more of a difference than talking to another lawyer in my opinion.

Also part of Will does think -- with good reason -- that Sami would be a bad influence in his daughter's life. Even taking out Sami, fighting over the kid would be bad for the kid. That's something we know he's thought for a long long time. I have no problem buying that Will would sign. It's not what he wants, and he thinks it is wrong. He isn't defending Nick, and he doesn't agree with Nick, but he can see Nick's point of view.

If Sonny wanted to help, the best thing he could have done was bring up Gabi's secret.

• Members

Maybe get a different perspective? See if something isn't adding up and if there is a loophole to exploit. Sonny should have alluded more to Gabi's secret. Justin is the lawyer that was involved in the whole Chad/Gabi fiasco. It doesn't hurt to get him involved and try to mediate things with Nick. Again even if it doesn't change things, its still another option. This is HIS kid we are talking about. As a father, I would think Will would want to try everything in his power to not lose her and he isn't. It really didn't even take him long to think about it. A few minutes and he signed the paper on the spot. He just gave up

• Members

Will's been written so pathetically anymore. Or maybe it's just how Chandler plays him. IDK. But Will is coming off as terrible not "noble" in this storyline. I'm starting to prefer Sonny and would rather watch him go through some crap and deal with it.

Abby and Cameron nearly put me to sleep. I love Kate Mansi though. It's a dead horse being beat but she's so wasted. She'd add a lot to the baby story. I found it so weird they insta-coupled Chad and Abby again just for the wedding and used it to get him there. Couldn't he have just burst in. I feel like this "triangle" is going nowhere. It's a waste. Use her in the baby story again. She was great in the wedding fiasco. Sigh. For everything DAYS gets right there's always several things they don't.

• Members

Abby needs to be a bitch again. She needs to find out what Gabi did and turn on her. Making them enemies would be a great direction for her and it would make her more forgiving of Chad. It would cause conflict with her and cousin Nick to have her go after his fiancée and add a new dynamic for him bc unlike Will, she's family that he actually likes and wouldn't want to intentionally hurt. How would Cameron react to this more feisty, unapologetic Abigail? He could either support her or be disgusted with her attitude change. An unexpected twist would be if she joins up with Sami, who takes her under her wing and they team up against Gabi to get Will that child. That's what I would do with the character bc she is way too boring right now

• Members

All of these storylines on Days right now is making me sad. They are just not making me interested. Kristen messing Brady's mind, Nick trying to keep Will away from his and Gabi's daughter. Also being a control freak. And Chloe manipulating Daniel. Plus the fact they put Kate and Rafe together. IN fact, the only thing that is good right now is Cameron and Abby getting close again.

• Members

Don't hate me for saying this, but Id kill right now to have Melanie return, even for just a few months. I think she has so much to and especially with her history with Gabi and Nick. When she left Nick had supposedly changed and was going to be a better person, which is why she didn't stand in his way, but I can see her being disappointed in his actions and call him out on it. I can see her pissed at Gabi for "using" him and what they have done with Will. I really would love it if Sami found out that Gabi's secret had to do with Melanie and manipulated her into coming back to town to help her agenda and expose the lies.I didn't mind Melanie towards the end and thought she was working quite well. I think she is needed back on the canvas

• Members

I couldnt agree more.

Not to recast is really dumb on the shows part. They invested in that character for four years, she made a huge turnaround from universally hated to pretty well liked, shes tied to many different people in stories right now and could add a lot.

She could obviously play a huge role in the nick/will story, she could play in the daniel/chloe store, she could provide abby w/ a much needed friend, and maybe wed get some good mel/maggie scenes again too.

Archived