DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

THIS.

Though I can still watch clips and be thoroughly entertained. I think daytime needs one show that's a little off it's rocker and simplified like JER's DAYS. The danger was when every show tried to be JER's DAYS. It basically set in motion the complete disarray daytime's in now. But there is definitely a need for that kind of show. I just wish that show weren't GH. But ah well.

As for Chloe, I don't know how I feel about her and Abigail's confrontation yet. I need to know more of Chloe's problems before I judge for sure. And let's be real, the Nick/Will/Gabi/Sonny story started off dorky as hell as well and look how that's turned out!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have always just hated Chloe so Chloe returning as a beyotch makes me like her for the first time ever. I mean, it's not *so* far-fetched. High school ghoul girl realizes she's hot [!@#$%^&*] and morphs into uber-bitch. I can think of several examples from my own life.

• Members

Amen. He was playing them like a song!

I like that the show have not turned Nick into a mustache-twirling stock villain, but one with layers that aren't always so black-and-white. What Nick is doing is unconscinable, as is his homophobia. But he very nearly had me rooting for him as he put Sami, Sonny and the other Smugs back in their place. Sometimes the Bradys et al are just a little too self-righteous for their own good.

I also loved the way Will didn't say much but was just processing everything Nick was saying -- almost like he was agreeing him at some points, especially about his family being dysfunctional. Is it because of the guilt of having shot EJ and letting his father take the fall? Is he in shock at Nick's blackmail? Is it some form of latent self-hatred on Will's part? CM is playing it like he is intimidated by Nick and just wants to impress him/win him over in some weird way. Like he secretly wants his approval.

I know Days is good when you get these added layers in scenes. The confrontation ended with a pretty good cliffhanger, too.

• Members

Oh, I don't know. I think Carlivati's currently the best writer in daytime myself. Of course, with all the turnover we've had at the writing chairs...

And you're so right about JER 1.0. Everyone thinks I hate JER completely, but he was a solid writer in his Guiding Light and Days 93-97 time. JER 2.0 was an absolute train wreck, worse than Higley and worse than some of what's on now (and there is SOME good stuff on the current show)

• Members

Abby is so boring these days. I miss the psycho bitch, obsessed with Austin

6Q5s91j.jpg

Im posting as Im watching so Im really hoping this chick lost her virginity in that closet

ysJW65C.jpg

Oh boy, this still isn't the best look for her

Wow, Nancy is really on board with helping Chloe win Daniel back? They are bringing her back for this sh-t too?

Jennifer looks like prostitute witch

Archived