Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Characters that made you stop watching

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Recurring

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

On every soap I watch there's always characters that I get so fed up watching I have to take a break for awhile or stick to select clips online only. Characters that made you stop watching past and present

GH- It's about time for me to go on another break because I'm so done with these characters

This bitch right here is one of the most annoying characters I've come across in awhile. Major scene chewer, tacky as hell, on and off accent,embarassment to women. She's vile but at the same time she's a mentally ill person so we should feel sorry for her. Except I don't because she's a bad joke. I simply cannot watch her anymore

connie-seducing-sonny.jpg

I hate this this girl so much. She's the most propped character I've seen on a soap in years. It takes an entire city to try and convince the audience to like this princessy wimp. She's not even worth me going into depth.

sabrina-reacts-to-lucy1.jpg

GH has the worst children. When the show started centering around this brat it went downhill. All versions of this character were terrible but the one that annoyed me most was pushing this dead eyed drip as a leading male with a romantic pairing with a strooker. And his pairing with that banshee has managed to be even worse than the one with the strooker.Way too much attention has been on this child since birth

Chad_Duell_as_Michael.png

This lollypopheaded little girl ate so much airtime with her whiny and the worst part was throwing her in with the older males as if she was some viable love interest for them. It got to the point where I had to start changing the channel when her smug ass appeared  before I got so annoyed by her and her brother I took a break

la5.jpg

GH/OLTL

As if she and her teen scene weren't enough on OLTL they brought this troll over to GH too. This banshee came on Gh and I was supposed to give a crap about her pain in between her shrieks when they "killed off" a veteran character.

c220.jpg

AMC

The show went downhill when it became All My Ryan Lavery. Why was every woman falling all over this tool? Why was he a leading male? I didn't enjoy any of his pairings in the last few years of AMC and I didn't care to hear about his greatness

6a00d83451b72b69e20147e35a5f35970b-pi

#2 QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Recurring

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

And this horsefaced hoe that birthed the spawn who ate the show upon his birth.

tumblr_lr0spfktYB1qiz02io1_500.png

DAYS

Stopped watching when the show became DAYS of Sami's vagina and don't care to look back until her suitors are gone

sami-brady.jpg

Edited by QueenOfHearts, 28 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#3 BingCherry

BingCherry

Popped for Your Pleasure

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Two words: Tico Santi.  It took me a good three years before I felt safe enough to watch.

#4 Soaplovers

Soaplovers

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

AMC:  Ryan and Greenlee. 

B & B:  Brooke, especially after she really didnt have any punishment for sleeping with Oliver (accident or not.. she still did the deed)

GH: Sonny... now I won't sample it due to Ron C writing the show.  The show is more balanced, but too much jumping around scene-wise.  Give me a well-written four minute scene any day of the week.

Y & R:  p(I don't care that she's a veteran, she is an evil woman..and I think she needs to be put on backburner).. and Phyllis (though I'm impressed that the show has limited her screen time lately.. and she is not being beloved by the town anymore.. starting with the smackdown by Nina :)

#5 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,667 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

OLTL - Gina Tognoni as Kelly Cramer. Tim Gibbs as Kevin.

GL - Wendy Moniz as Dinah. Tom Pelphrey as Jonathan the primal screaming hobo.

PC - Granville van Dusin as DV. Brian Gaskill and Erin Hershey as Rafe and Allison.

ATWT - Yvonne Perry as Rosanna. Hunt Block as Craig.

AMC - Rebecca Budig as Greenlee. Mark Consuelos as Mateo.

Edited by CarlD2, 28 February 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#6 applcin

applcin

Contract

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hands down, Roscoe Born.

RB had the misfortune (in my eyes) to be involved in 2 characterizations I despised: Joe Novak and Mitch Laurence. I liked his predecessor, Richard Muenz, on Ryan's Hope (whose Joe was written with more likeability and who my little teenage hormones thought was freakin' cute). So Richard leaves and a year later comes this new Joe, whom I not only didn't find physically appealing at all but I hated that Joe was "slime-inized." That set the stage for later. I never liked Mitch Laurence on OLTL from day 1. His two last revivals drove me away both times. I stopped taping the show during his whole wanting to cut Natalie's heart out nonsense, didn't return for years (until Jerry verDorn was set to debut as Clint) and then stopped watching when Mitch not only returned but killed Jared (gave me more reason to hate the character.) Admittedly, I also had much preferred Natalie with Jared and had no desire to watch a re-hookup with McBain.

Additional mentions would be:

GH - the Cassadines and Sonny/Jason. Basically, I stuck with the show for as long as I found other stuff interesting. But between the psychotic Cassadines (who I wish had never survived the 1980s) and the mafia domination of the show, I eventually stopped. Sad thing is, even with the return of so many characters I used to love/like (Anna, Robert, Duke, Laura, Scotty, Kevin, etc.), I'm so distanced from the show at this point, I haven't even been lured back out of nostalgic curiosity. The spark is totally out for me with this show.

GL - I came close to shutting off GL during the whole crazy Carmen Santos period. I was just sick of her. But I think either things shifted or some other storyline was enough to keep me hanging on and get through it.

Edited by applcin, 01 March 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#7 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

B&B's Brooke, during her Ridge/Nick ping-pong period from 2005-7. B&B's worst era ever.

#8 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,299 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

AMC: Zach, Kendall.

ATWT: Craig (Hunt Block), Paul (Roger Howarth), Meg.

OLTL: Todd (both variations), David, Blair, Ford, Gigi.

DAYS: Bo, Roman, Abe, Hope, Marlena.

As you can see, being a vet doesn't make you safe from my apathy.

#9 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Riff-Raff's Boo

• Members
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

And this horsefaced hoe that birthed the spawn who ate the show upon his birth.

tumblr_lr0spfktYB1qiz02io1_500.png

praise-god.gif because you beat me to it!  

Nothing good came of this cuntsore of a character being on this show - absolutely nothing.  

#10 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Riff-Raff's Boo

• Members
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

This lollypopheaded little girl ate so much airtime with her whiny and the worst part was throwing her in with the older males as if she was some viable love interest for them. It got to the point where I had to start changing the channel when her smug ass appeared  before I got so annoyed by her and her brother I took a break

la5.jpg

+1 

Add the fact that they threw a perfect good character under the bus to prop this worthless little bitch and the greasy bastard of a retcon for a pairing that never happened and it was one of the reasons why I flew the coop.

#11 AdelaideCate007

AdelaideCate007

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

GH- Jason

AMC- Ryan, Zach, Kendall

OLTL- Rex, Gigi, The Fords

#12 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

B&B- Brooke, Steffy, Liam, Hope, Dollar Bill

AMC- Erica Kane, Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall as played by AM, Bianca as played by ER, Babe as played by AH, Marissa, Krystal, Zack

GH - Sonny, Jason, Carly as played by TB and LW,Michael as played by CD, Kristina Davis as played by LA. the Balkan, Brenda

DAYS- Sami, Daniel, EJ, Rafe, Stefano, Victor, John, Marlena

Y&R- Adam, Victor, Phyllis, Lily, Abby, Nikki, Billy, Victoria, Daisy, Pheila, Kevin, Chloe

OLTL- Todd, Victor, Starr, Langston, Dorian, David, Matthew, Cole, Jess/Tess, Ford, John, Gigi, Rex

Edited by frequentsoapfan, 01 March 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#13 beebs

beebs

Contract

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

GH: Sonny/Jason. At best I found Sonny boring in the 90s when he wasn't a complete dick who got away with everything. Jason I loved until the car crash. Sonny I can tolerate now that his virtues aren't being exalted by the entire town right after he guns down another of his children. But I'll never love him.

Y&R: Phyllis. People I know IRL love this woman and I don't get it. She just grates on me from beginning to end. And not having a decent rival to root for anymore with Dru not around makes it that much worse. I hear things are better now that she isn't the town hero and her screen time's limited. GOOD. Still don't wanna watch.

OLTL: Anyone whose name contains the letters F, O, R, and D. In that order. I don't think I need to explain why.

GL: Reva. I have never been so irrationally irritated by a single character in my entire life as I was going back to watch GL circa 1983-84 on YouTube. I did not remember Kim Zimmer being so annoying when Reva came back in '95, but good lord, she was so obnoxious initially. Did the Lewises eat the show as much as I think they did after '84? If so, I'm not surprised ratings took such a dive as the 80s wore on. Good lord, woman. You're on a soundstage, not every line needs to be hollered out.

ETA: Rex & Gigi. I can't think of a couple I care less about in this entire world than Rex & Gigi. JPL as a gun-toting madman elicits nothing from me but laughter, and frankly, I don't care if his father is Prince Charles, he is not an interesting character and adds NOTHING to the show.

Edited by beebs, 28 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#14 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

I's married now!

• Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

No character has made me turn away from a show yet, but some almost made me.

ATWT: Janet and Liberty Ciccone. Hated these broads eating the show, and Janet being forced down our throats.

YR: Daisy. 

GL: Natalia, Rafe, and the Foley brothers

AMC: Collards Greens, Ryass, Kendall, & Zach

#15 soapfave06

soapfave06

Contract

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

DAYS-Daniel
OLTL-Rex and Gigi, mainly in 2010. David Vickers, his in and out stories, character and Tuc's acting drove me away by 2009. The teens/Fords.
GH-Jason and Sonny.
AMC-Ryan and Zach.

#16 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

ATWT - Jennifer Munson. I grew to hate that biatch with the fires of soap hell. It made me crazy that she willingly slept with Craig and then everyone acted he raped her. She, Meg, and Paul finally made me stop watching ATWT regularly.

Y&R - A tie between Brittany Hodges and Kevin Fisher in 2004. I might have hated Kevin slightly more than Brittany, but not by much.

GH - Sonny turning his back on Robin and later putting A.J. on a butcher's hook. This is when I understood GH's morality had been turned on its head and would never return.

OLTL - Eternia drove me away, but I returned, only for horriific Jenn Rapport to send me away screaming this time. However, I did return to gleefully celebrate her death.

Edited by Ann_SS, 28 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#17 EnglishTea

EnglishTea

Contract

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

AMC - KWAK and BabyDawl!!!

#18 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Riff-Raff's Boo

• Members
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

It's interesting that this thread was created today, as I've been watching the OLTL reruns on SoapNet and am fast-approaching the point where I dropped this show like a bad habit back in 2010.  Reasons why?

5321576538_673a10a75c_m.jpg

Not that I ever had any use for this social-climbing, self-hating, conniving bitch in her first tenure, but this show positioning her as the lead heroine whose ass everybody and their mother had to kiss was one of the main reasons why OLTL suffered in its final years.  I was particularly done when Ron had Blair befriend this bipolar banshee.

20100427_KMissal_TStJohnBridge_445x590.j

I hated Frodd from jump, but managed to sit through this show because of other characters.  What was the final straw that made me turn away? That scuzzbucket being far more loving to his mini-banshee of a long-lost daughter than he was to the only daughter that he'd known for years - the same daughter that he'd put through hell.

240px-GigiMorasco.png

Believe it or not, there was a time that I'd tolerated this duck-lipped trick (upon my first view of her arrival, though after re-watching it, I haven't the foggiest clue how her smugness escaped me back then).  That all changed when she and this crash-test dummy:

031809_JPLavoisier_daddy_240x320.jpg

began to eat up valuable airtime.  It was bad enough that Adriana was shat on and the great Dorian Lord had to humble herself to prop both of those worthless characters, but Schuyler being thrown under the bus and backed over by said bus a million and one times (along with far more valuable characters being written off) while those two assh0les remained is what did it for me.

240px-Natalie_Buchanan.jpg

Although I hated this red-headed heifer from jump for showing up as Viki's daughter - even though Viki already had one that was alive, well, and beloved by many viewers - my hatred hit an all-time high during the Evangeline years.  Seeing that Spam-eating trailer trash constantly disrespect Vangie while this show (and the red-headed heifer's stans) expected me to believe that an intelligent, accomplished, and beautiful woman felt and was inferior to her damn near gave me a stroke, so I had to let it go.  Watching a storied character like Marty Saybrooke being thrown under the bus for her tired ass was like deja vu all over again, so I bowed out yet again.

#19 London

London

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Days: Melanie
Y&R: Gloria/Michael/Kevin/Jana/Lauren

GH: Mmmm a few but I must dig deep because its been awhile.
OLTL: Gigi and Talia

AMC: Ryan/Greenlee

#20 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Riff-Raff's Boo

• Members
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

The Fords

Other than the tolerable James, I'm right there with you about The Rapist Robert Ford, Whinez, and Old Man Nate.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users