Characters that made you stop watching

• Members

On every soap I watch there's always characters that I get so fed up watching I have to take a break for awhile or stick to select clips online only. Characters that made you stop watching past and present

GH- It's about time for me to go on another break because I'm so done with these characters

This bitch right here is one of the most annoying characters I've come across in awhile. Major scene chewer, tacky as hell, on and off accent,embarassment to women. She's vile but at the same time she's a mentally ill person so we should feel sorry for her. Except I don't because she's a bad joke. I simply cannot watch her anymore

connie-seducing-sonny.jpg

I hate this this girl so much. She's the most propped character I've seen on a soap in years. It takes an entire city to try and convince the audience to like this princessy wimp. She's not even worth me going into depth.

sabrina-reacts-to-lucy1.jpg

GH has the worst children. When the show started centering around this brat it went downhill. All versions of this character were terrible but the one that annoyed me most was pushing this dead eyed drip as a leading male with a romantic pairing with a strooker. And his pairing with that banshee has managed to be even worse than the one with the strooker.Way too much attention has been on this child since birth

Chad_Duell_as_Michael.png

This lollypopheaded little girl ate so much airtime with her whiny and the worst part was throwing her in with the older males as if she was some viable love interest for them. It got to the point where I had to start changing the channel when her smug ass appeared  before I got so annoyed by her and her brother I took a break

la5.jpg

GH/OLTL

As if she and her teen scene weren't enough on OLTL they brought this troll over to GH too. This banshee came on Gh and I was supposed to give a crap about her pain in between her shrieks when they "killed off" a veteran character.

c220.jpg

AMC

The show went downhill when it became All My Ryan Lavery. Why was every woman falling all over this tool? Why was he a leading male? I didn't enjoy any of his pairings in the last few years of AMC and I didn't care to hear about his greatness

6a00d83451b72b69e20147e35a5f35970b-pi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: Ryan and Greenlee.

B & B: Brooke, especially after she really didnt have any punishment for sleeping with Oliver (accident or not.. she still did the deed)

GH: Sonny... now I won't sample it due to Ron C writing the show. The show is more balanced, but too much jumping around scene-wise. Give me a well-written four minute scene any day of the week.

Y & R: p(I don't care that she's a veteran, she is an evil woman..and I think she needs to be put on backburner).. and Phyllis (though I'm impressed that the show has limited her screen time lately.. and she is not being beloved by the town anymore.. starting with the smackdown by Nina :)

• Members

OLTL - Gina Tognoni as Kelly Cramer. Tim Gibbs as Kevin.

GL - Wendy Moniz as Dinah. Tom Pelphrey as Jonathan the primal screaming hobo.

PC - Granville van Dusin as DV. Brian Gaskill and Erin Hershey as Rafe and Allison.

ATWT - Yvonne Perry as Rosanna. Hunt Block as Craig.

AMC - Rebecca Budig as Greenlee. Mark Consuelos as Mateo.

• Members

Hands down, Roscoe Born.

RB had the misfortune (in my eyes) to be involved in 2 characterizations I despised: Joe Novak and Mitch Laurence. I liked his predecessor, Richard Muenz, on Ryan's Hope (whose Joe was written with more likeability and who my little teenage hormones thought was freakin' cute). So Richard leaves and a year later comes this new Joe, whom I not only didn't find physically appealing at all but I hated that Joe was "slime-inized." That set the stage for later. I never liked Mitch Laurence on OLTL from day 1. His two last revivals drove me away both times. I stopped taping the show during his whole wanting to cut Natalie's heart out nonsense, didn't return for years (until Jerry verDorn was set to debut as Clint) and then stopped watching when Mitch not only returned but killed Jared (gave me more reason to hate the character.) Admittedly, I also had much preferred Natalie with Jared and had no desire to watch a re-hookup with McBain.

Additional mentions would be:

GH - the Cassadines and Sonny/Jason. Basically, I stuck with the show for as long as I found other stuff interesting. But between the psychotic Cassadines (who I wish had never survived the 1980s) and the mafia domination of the show, I eventually stopped. Sad thing is, even with the return of so many characters I used to love/like (Anna, Robert, Duke, Laura, Scotty, Kevin, etc.), I'm so distanced from the show at this point, I haven't even been lured back out of nostalgic curiosity. The spark is totally out for me with this show.

GL - I came close to shutting off GL during the whole crazy Carmen Santos period. I was just sick of her. But I think either things shifted or some other storyline was enough to keep me hanging on and get through it.

• Members

B&B- Brooke, Steffy, Liam, Hope, Dollar Bill

AMC- Erica Kane, Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall as played by AM, Bianca as played by ER, Babe as played by AH, Marissa, Krystal, Zack

GH - Sonny, Jason, Carly as played by TB and LW,Michael as played by CD, Kristina Davis as played by LA. the Balkan, Brenda

DAYS- Sami, Daniel, EJ, Rafe, Stefano, Victor, John, Marlena

Y&R- Adam, Victor, Phyllis, Lily, Abby, Nikki, Billy, Victoria, Daisy, Pheila, Kevin, Chloe

OLTL- Todd, Victor, Starr, Langston, Dorian, David, Matthew, Cole, Jess/Tess, Ford, John, Gigi, Rex

• Members

GH: Sonny/Jason. At best I found Sonny boring in the 90s when he wasn't a complete dick who got away with everything. Jason I loved until the car crash. Sonny I can tolerate now that his virtues aren't being exalted by the entire town right after he guns down another of his children. But I'll never love him.

Y&R: Phyllis. People I know IRL love this woman and I don't get it. She just grates on me from beginning to end. And not having a decent rival to root for anymore with Dru not around makes it that much worse. I hear things are better now that she isn't the town hero and her screen time's limited. GOOD. Still don't wanna watch.

OLTL: Anyone whose name contains the letters F, O, R, and D. In that order. I don't think I need to explain why.

GL: Reva. I have never been so irrationally irritated by a single character in my entire life as I was going back to watch GL circa 1983-84 on YouTube. I did not remember Kim Zimmer being so annoying when Reva came back in '95, but good lord, she was so obnoxious initially. Did the Lewises eat the show as much as I think they did after '84? If so, I'm not surprised ratings took such a dive as the 80s wore on. Good lord, woman. You're on a soundstage, not every line needs to be hollered out.

ETA: Rex & Gigi. I can't think of a couple I care less about in this entire world than Rex & Gigi. JPL as a gun-toting madman elicits nothing from me but laughter, and frankly, I don't care if his father is Prince Charles, he is not an interesting character and adds NOTHING to the show.

Archived