Couples that survived/were destroyed by recasts

• Members

A soap couple often tanks when one half is recast. Which couples do you think were tanked by recasts and which ones survived?

My selections:

Y&R

Survived:

John and Jill

Katherine and Jill

Victor and Ashley

John and Gloria

Tanked:

Cole and Ashley

Billy and Mackenzie

J.T. and Mackenzie

J.T. and Colleen

Adrian and Colleen

B&B

Survived:

Thorne and Macy

Rick and Amber

Tanked:

Oscar and Bridget

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if I'd say Thorne and Macy survived. They were only together briefly during Harmon's tenure, and that was mostly when he was being pushed toward Brooke.

Or do you mean from Norcross to Trachta? Did Norcross have any story with Bobbie Eakes?

• Members

Kevin and Kelly on OLTL actually did a reverse fail. They were absolutely godawful with original portrayers Tim Gibbs and Gina Tognoni, they were a couple hated by all. But when the show brought them back and dug into their dysfunction with Dan Gauthier and Heather Tom, they became IMO something pretty close to a tortured supercouple.

• Members

Survived

J.T. and ALColleen/Y&R - They would have been fine if they had been put back together not long after Colleen cheated and TS had not been cast as Colleen

Kevin and Kelly/OLTL - Dan Gauthier and Heather Tom version. They were pretty hot. I have never forgotten their steamy shower sex scene.

Tom and Margo/ATWT - I agree that the recasts worked.

Blake and Ross/GL - I was surprised how much I grew to like Liz Kiefer as Blake.

Tanked

Zander and Emily/GH - Thanks to Natalia Livingston taking over the role.

Jack and Jennifer/Days - Just horrible

• Members

Tanked

Lucky and Liz - JY

PC's Joe and Karen

Days Austin and Carrie. Some can argue they survived but they lost their spark when he was recasted. Ultimately they stopped writing them as each other's OTP and had her leave with Mike, which I'm not sure would have been done had the role not been recast

OLTL - Kevin and Cassie

John and Marty

Survived

Lucky and Liz - GV. The writing did them no favors but the actors had chemistry and made the couple worth rooting for.

Sonny and Carly - TB

Todd and Tea - TSJ. He slipped into the role perfectly when they were paired up and oozed of chemistry even more so than when RH played Todd opposite her

Archived