OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was getting some Eddie vibes in the second clip for sure. I thought he was overdoing it a bit in the first clip so I hope he's had some training in the last three years since these are his latest mainstream appearances. Hid IMDB page says he has a short coming out but I don't see it online at all.

He better not have that spikey hair though or I will fiip [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

So far, I think OLTL has the better cast of characters and at least equally good writers as AMC if not better. I may have to start watching, despite not having watched OLTL when it was on TV!

I really admire that OLTL approached so much of its final cast and kept a lot of the same actors, instead of discarding people like AMC did.

Also even the new actors on OLTL seem like they could be more tested and reliable -- Robert Gorrie made an impact as "Nate" on ATWT, even though he was only on for a few weeks or a couple months. You don't have to worry he can't act.

As for Jordi Vilasuso's great pictures, Jordi through "PaosRevolution" is all about promoting the next future for soaps and soap actors, not just AMC. Also, don't forget he and Jerry verDorn were on Guiding Light together. Both of them are still associated with GL in my head.

• Members

wacko.png I thought we were past this with the seperate threads? Nothing personal intended towards you, but really?

And umm--I know this is a One Life thread but AMC approached probablya s much of their final cast as OLTL. I like Scott and Madison too--I think that was your gripe, but move on. I mean Gigi and Rex were massive parts of OLTL's last few years and they were "discarded" (among others) and you don't hear people complaining... (if you HAD watched "their" show you would know why, but :P )

• Members

I was looking for where to comment on Robert Gorrie, who I loved as sweet Nate who was kind of dating Maddie and was murdered on ATWT. It would have been out of place in the AMC thread. Of course I am going to make a comparison about how I feel about newbie actors because it is natural. I am always bringing up Days, GL, ATWT, and AW in threads about other shows too.

If you want to continue further discussing my disappointment with who wasn't approached (far far longer list than Scott and Madison, and you're forgetting my Asher love), we can take it to the AMC thread. But I wasn't trying to dredge it up again, though I do still feel it and it's natural to bring up.

Rex and Gigi chose not to join the show. It's well established that Farah Fath had no desire to work with Prospect Park. Nothing like the Stephanie Gatschet or Walt Willey situations at all.

Archived