GH: Actor leaving

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I completely disagree. First Trevor died, then it was Claudia that died. That effectively ended the Zs as a family unit and Johnny was on borrowed time. Then they constantly had him at war with Sonny--not a good career move while being written by Guza. This regime put the noose around his neck with the killing of Hope and Anthony, and the framing of Luke and Tracy and his manipulation of Connie, but that is because there was nothing left to the character by the time they arrived.

• Members

Obviously there is no firm rule that a character has to have family ties to remain viable or drive story. See John McBain and Sabrina and Kate/Connie. It's a shame, but no surprise that Frank and Ron continue to pull out all the stops to keep their pets front and center but lack either desire or creativity or both to write for the GH characters they inherited. By the family ties logic, Becky H. Should be next on the chopping block.

• Members

I don't know why everyone is saying Johnny has no story outside of Claudia, Anthony and Trevor. Are we completely forgetting about the time where he was a major part of Lulu, Maxie, Micheal and Spinelli's stories? There was tons of viability for Johnny to remain on Port Charles as a character. Mostly through friendships but maybe friendships don't thrive on Port Charles anymore under Frons. Johnny started dying once they broke him off with Lulu and had him cater the geriatric Olivia and Laura Wright's shrewish version of Carly. Johnny never needed Sonny's scraps and there was always goldmine chemistry with various other women.

BB and Johnny were both a great asset to GH and it's sad to see him go. Johnny was not just another mob family, he was so much more then that and I would take Johnny/BB over most of the male characters on the show today. Johnny is better and more viable leading man than Dante, Spinelli, Steve, Felix and Sean combined and magnified.

• Members

Johnny was living on borrowed life long before Ron and Frank arrived. Guza made absolutely no effort to give Johnny any significant ties on the show. He has no great love or children. I thought that they were building something for him with Brook Lyn, but that tapered off. Despite all the whining, Johnny is no great loss although Spinelli should go with him.

Archived