AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Okay, wait a minute.

1. That is a ludicrously over-the-top and downright offensive comparison, far more over-the-top and offensive than anything in what was maybe a 2-minute online skit promoting the shows in a playful manner.
  2. They've done reams upon reams of serious-minded promotion for these shows, both TV spots and online, as well as a number of press calls, photo shoots and PR events which at the very least outdo anything I've seen the network soaps do for their people in years. They've shown actual pride in the product, even if the product isn't necessarily note-perfect or to everyone's taste.

If the company doesn't want to acknowledge them as legitimate continuing dramas, then what exactly would you call all of that effort? Or the fact that they've actually gone out of their way to ask them to be seen as literally "continuing dramas," end quote, in all of the promotion with the actors and the production? Is all that work - again, whether or not it is in the promotion of a product that you or I may or may not like - really null and void because you either don't like the shows or don't like one comedy skit? Is it really comparable to Westboro Baptist Church and treating soap operas like shunned gay lepers? Really? Or is it just possible that you're being incredibly melodramatic?

I've seen what it looks like when soap operas are ghettoized and treated like last month's garbage in terms of promotion, and so have you. We all have. Whether or not you or I like the shows or agree on the content, I thought we could at least agree this ain't it. Or at the very least, we could avoid comparing it to motherfucking hate speech. Please. For the sake of what is left of my sanity.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After the big old mess that was their last show I can't even be bothered (WHere they went on about how superior the web shows like Venice were, and the woman who didn't even watch them got all upset when she found out there was swearing, even though Venice has swearing...)

Archived