AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL doesn't need anyone else picking on them for their ugliness at the end, but I remember I had a friend visiting from Australia the last Summer GL was on the air and he has a fascination with soap operas--from any place, so checked out each of them one day. He said he couldn't believe GL looked and sounded like *that* and was on network tv--I have to agree.

• Members

OMG!! ALL MY CHILDREN!

That video was amazing. Love all the location stuff. It did seem more like PV to me, I got the vibe that the Jessie/Angie 2008 train scenes gave off.

Jessie at the steering wheel? Wow.

Bianca LUNGING at JR! DAMN! And Miranda seems like quite the little spitfire vixen. I cannot wait to see what they do with her.

The Celia stuff was strange. The f*ck was that creepy guy in the mirror?! sad.png That had a very gothic feel to it, even the room she was in.

Aside from that, her & Pete seemed ridiculously cute

David/Cara is going to be damn good.

They could've thrown a little clip of our Kendall in there after that shot of Zach at the end icon1.gif

The AMC book really got to me. I will die if they do a modernized version of the original opening for this!

• Members

The trailer looks AWESOME. I was a bit concerned that some of the outdoor stuff was borderline Peapack-esque but better lit, better shot and of a much higher quality (I am sure that flicking the HD switch on those handicams and investing in a tripod would have worked wonders on some of GL's outdoor stuff, as would reaching out to local businesses to allow shooting in local cafes etc instead of the cheap sets they used, but that's another matter...). The stories look very exciting, it seems basically a given that Marissa was the one who got shot in the finale, but I'm okay with that. Miranda looks interesting and I'm curious to learn what this Celia chick's deal is. I am excited for AMC's return!!!

• Members

I think the outdoor stuff with Jesse and Zach at night looked great but I'm not sure how I feel about the Pete and Celia stuff. I think after seeing artificial lighting on sets for so long, natural light ends up looking false. laugh.png

Ps, everyone in the trailer looks very...pastely. Not sure if it's the makeup or the colors of the clothes but the trailer made me think of Easter.

Archived