AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think, for the most part, when characters are supposed to be outside, they will actually be outside. All of the outside stuff we've seen so far is stuff that needs to be outside -- Pete driving (and looking flawless), Jesse'n'em doing their thang, etc. The only "exterior" set they might have is that open-air mall thing.

Didn't we get an article or something a few weeks ago where some of the people from other soaps were basically like..."Yeah, they're not gonna last lol It's cute for them to try, though. LOL. LOL."

• Members

When the shows get more viewers than Y&R then they will care. Steve Kent of SONY doesnt see AMC & OLTL as competition for Days & YR. Im hoping FV & RC are hoping AMC & OLTL do well.

And Yes I do believe both AMC & OLTL will have more viewers than Y&R has on CBS

• Members

I don't know, I've seen some location shooting from the 80s and some of it was pretty amatuerish, the 90s were better. And I feel like "Looks like Peapack" is now the go to insult for any location shooting no matter the quality. The little of what we saw with AMC looked good to me.

• Members

I thought that was fantastic.

And I'm so tired of any location shoot being equated with Peapack. We've had location shoots for decades. I thought the lighting, etc. on all that material was fantastic, particularly the night work and the car footage from inside and on Pete. It was about a million miles from Peapack, IMO.

David and Cara still look hot. And I think Eric Nelsen is great. God forbid he look like an actual teenager, particularly one who seems sheltered and cossetted by a rich family from a traumatic life. A.J. looks like he's barely seen the sun in ten years, which is appropriate given his history.

• Members

Perhaps. But the artificiality of it, for lack of a better word, just calls out to me more in this case than it does on a primetime show, or even one of the primetime soaps, like DALLAS or KNOTS LANDING.

• Members

I still remember when he and Mick Hazen were cast (for one damn day!) as Ross Marler's SORAS-ed kids, Jason and Kevin, on GUIDING LIGHT. "Oh, good," I said, looking at them sitting side-by-side at Ross' funeral, "they think Ross's sons look like Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy."

• Members

It looked good to me too. I watched ATWT and GL (to a much lesser extent) toward the end and I would have liked those exterior shots to look like these. I've shot and edited scenes for a film techniques class and what I did on my first try looked about as amateurish as the stuff that GL trotted out before they got cancelled. Perhaps we both had the same sh*@ty equipment.

Archived