AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they pulled them down pretty quickly because whatever app they used to make them asked participants for permission to access their friends list, email, etc... that's part of the reason I chose not to vote.

There were four: Opal/Dimitri, Colby/David, AJ/Heather, and Pete/Celia.

Interestingly enough the comments showed quite a bit of support for JR/Cara.

• Members

It is terrible what is going on with Jordi for sure. Why be angry with him, if he has another project too. If he was legally able to back out of a contract in a timely manner to go to recurring, that still would mean he is availble. Now with 2 actresses being pregnant, I would think that getting Griffin back on canvas would be a necessity at this time. Hopefully the new writing team will realize that Griffin is needed ASAP.

• Members

I don't know why I bother, but if Jordi has a more pressing engagement on a major show then I can't blame PP for his time being limited.

The fact that they were apparently polling on Opal and Dimitri makes me both very intrigued and very excited. You don't do that if nothing's coming down the pike. And this would never have happened - not just with Brooke or Dimitri, but especially with Opal - on ABC.

• Members

I'm beginning to lose my interest in this show. There's no Erica. No mention of what she's doing beyond "getting on a plane to someplace exotic." There's no Kendall. Bianca is barely on. I'd really hoped to see her and David bond over Marissa's death and their mutual hatred of JR, but we've barely seen any of that. Miranda is great, but she can't carry the Kane family on her own.

I'm so over the Cassandra story. Watching a woman be tortured for two months is not my idea of entertainment, and because of this story, all Angie has had to do for two months is cry and freak out. I hate the whole Jesse lying to Angie again bit. I'm not a "Zendall" fan by any means, but I'm not seeing much likeable about Zach and Lea, and I don't find Lea believable as an FBI agent. I don't particularly like Cara/David, but I loathe that this is basically a repeat of the Amanda/Jake/Trevor crap with David being told AGAIN that his child is dead. Now PP is hinting and Opal and Dimitri? Yeah, not liking that at all. Opal needs a life, but I can't see her with Dimitri long term at all. I'd much rather see Brooke/Dimitri and the resulting chaos that would create with Chandler Enterprises. I like Colby as a schemer, but the actress is so over the top that it's painful to watch. Jane has no life and no purpose. Neither does Griffin.

I'll give it another month or so, but if it doesn't get a lot better soon, I may be done. Frankly, I get a lot more enjoyment out of watching Susan Lucci in Devious Maids and watching early 90s AMC on youtube, which is sad.

• Members

I think the show has improved in many ways, but I do agree with a lot of what you posted. The lack of a Kane presence is unforgivable. I understand the lack of Erica, but Kendall and Bianca should both be major characters. If Alicia Minshew wasn't willing to appear, then recast the damn role. For Bianca, I still say that should've gone with Christina Lind and Marissa should be in the picture. They obviously don't want to feature Bianca as a lead character, so why kill her already existing love interest? They have limited time by having Eden Riegel in the role and by not developing a love interest, they lose out on properly using the most popular gay character on soaps. Not to mention how silly it is from a storytelling standpoint to continue killing off David's kids.

I hope that the new writers will take what is a decent show and just make it great. Improve the Kane presence, create better interaction, a better mix of stories and hopefully nothing as dark as Cassandra's story.

• Members

FTR, I don't mind a dark story - I LOVED Kendall being Erica's daughter, I loved the Dimitri stabbing, Kendall bringing Richard Fields to town, the whole trial, Fields going after Bianca. It was dark and kind of scary in places, but it was dramatic. It didn't involve women constantly shrieking and crying over everything. Erica's testimony about how brutal her rape was was juxtaposed with Richard Fields coming onto Bianca, and it was so incredibly well done. The worst violence we didn't see, but we heard about: Erica's testimony of her rape, and the report that he'd raped another young girl who then killed herself - we heard characters talk about that but never had to see it.

To me that was a dark subject done well. Even the whole Cambias storyline I thought was done well considering that it was about a man trying to rape a woman and her daughter and then finally raping and impregnanting her young virginal lesbian daughter. What we've been seeing on AMC is not done well. There was one episode where Cass stripping was juxtaposed with Angie crying, and I appreciated the directoral choices there, but for the most part, it's sensationalized violence and manufactured drama and shrill, sobbing women while the men run around trying to fix things. It's just not entertaining. It's not good drama to me.

• Members

Oh, Jesus, there are only twelve people in America who gave a [!@#$%^&*] about Marissa and CBL.

And I think they'd love to feature Bianca more, but ER's availability is limited, at least for the moment. Nor do I think the Cassandra storyline is exploitative - or that the show desperately needs more Erica or Kendall right now, but anyway.

• Members

And they all write lesbian fanfiction on fanfiction.net. whistling.jpg

I didn't care either way about Marissa and Bianca. I thought killing her off made a lot of sense from a plot standpoint, but I would have liked to see the aftermath of that with everyone fighting over who got to raise AJ, etc.

• Members

Still too many holes, still too many gaps, still too many missing characters and no tying together anything because there are not enough characters/cast to fully describe All My Children. It is a smaller cast and fractured all over the place. I worry about long term survival of the show because there are so many characters/cast that fans want to see coming back ASAP.

This repeated recasting characters is OK but there are certain characters that only certain actors can portray properly. I am not in favor of recasting. I prefer original actors to their characters, overall.

Archived