AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, another one of the AMC newbies just runs a clothing company IRL. Why are they hiring people who aren't actors? Seriously. The only people with acting experience they have hired so far are Denyse (Miranda) and Ryan Bittle (the new JR)

Are they really just hoping AMC will flop and OLTL will live on. Cause, it's looking like that more and more every damn day.

AMC:

-[!@#$%^&*] writers

-5 year time jump

-Casting people with no acting experience.

-limited vets

-limited returns

OLTL:

-90% of the cast back.

-Dorian back...Who wasn't even on for the finale

-Good writers

-No [!@#$%^&*] stupid ass time jump

-Only 2 recasts out of the younger group. (Matt and Destiny)

-Only a little bit of sorasing. Even Sam gets to come back! YAY SAM!

AMC got the short end of the stick. And, I [!@#$%^&*] hate that. I love both shows. But, damn. I'll support and watch them both...but DAMN. *smh*

• Members
I get what you're saying, but at the same time, it goes back to what I was saying. For me, there's no disconnect between writing and character. When I say Zach and Kendall were a large part of the show's problems, I'm referring to the way those characters were written. Same in regards to other characters like Ryan and Greenlee, whom people never seem to have problem blaming for the show's decline.

• Members

You are aware that acting is a tough business right & having other intrests will keep u creative & pay the bills while trying to land acting gigs. So the fact that Daniel Colvin (Hunter) owns a clothing company doesn't mean he is not a serious actor but a smart guy to be doing other things especially in this economy.

• Members
More than just those two have acting experience, and what does limited vets even mean? We have Julia Barr, Ray MacDonnell, Cady McClain, Debbi Morgan, Darnell Williams, David Canary, Jill Larson, Vincent Irizarry (all 10+ year vets), not to mention Eden Riegel. Possibly Lee Meriwether and Jennifer Bassey. Besides SuLu, MEK, and Walt Willey, who is missing?

• Members

Jill, the cast and crew of All My Children and One Life To Live, Agnes Nixon, and members of the Soap Press are gathering today for a photo shoot and press junket. More on that coming... stay tuned!

AMC was also the first TV gig for Susan Lucci, Josh Duhmael to name a few and for OLTL's Erika Slezak. So I dont get why your so down on this Daniel Colvin kid?

Archived