OLTL: 'She's' Back....Dorian's portrait 'joining' PP

• Members

I thought this needed its own thread....LOL.

Glad to see the picture is coming back 'home' though.

robin strasser@robinstrasser

@robinstrasser @JudgeJudy OH YEAH--the PORTRAIT IS IN THE HOUSE:) BRINGING it to Stamford, Conn. for taping #OLTL @ProspectPark RENEWAL-YAY!

robin strasser@robinstrasser

@lindasrussell True/Schmoo (lol) I have to thank @EddieAlderson & @TomD'Angora for SAVING the portrait--too long a story for a tweet:) TY2

11:48 a.m. - Feb 17, 2013 · Details
  1. @robinstrasser @lindasrussell @eddiealderson No need to thank me. Im always here for any thing my beloved Robin needs. So excited!

1. SERIOUSLY-I'm good:) I OWN almost all treasure I tweet of:) I'll be responsible--and let prospective employer @ProspectPark know I'm holding

2. FOUND #DORIAN treasures-that I happen to either own--or "have possession of" Is that a euphemism for "sticky mitts"? @JudgeJudy ruling?smile.png

1. PHILOSOPHY on a Saturday morning? Want pre-digested/written by assistant/Soc Media expert-you're following the wrong tweeter:) you got MOI:)

2. @robinstrasser IMPEACH HER--Robin thinks story is better when #Dorian is HUNGRY like a lion/tiger/cougar ummmnnn well...you get my point:)

3. @robinstrasser Dorian is missing Herb and Mel. David Vickers too Sheckey Greene for Dorian. Give her passion not vaudeville.

@BrookeAChandler Agree-I adore @TucWatkins who's brilliant & can do MORE than "clown". He's classy2 May I request ALL #Dorian's men back?smile.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am glad Dorian's portrait is comming back. it's been a very long time. She did it i beleive right when she bought La Boulie, well the Saybrooke mansion at the time. I do not beleive she had one in her old penthouses. She wanted something for the grand staircase that Joey Buchanan built her, (while sleeping with her on the side.)

I know Nancy Pickerton had a portrait done because it was during the whole storyline of Dorian taking down Viki's mother's and putting her own up when she moved into Llanfair. Then when Dorian was recast, they took it down and never replaced it.

• Members

LOL, you took the words right out of my mouth. She's said numerous times on the Hotline that she adores Judge Judy, but I don't know why she was Tweeting her here.

Scotty, that picture is from an Imperial Court of New York auction that Robin hosted where she donated her Dorian portrait to be put up for bid. I forget all of the details of the story, but long story short, she ended up buying it back.

When Robin returned to OLTL the last time, it was actually her choice not to reinstate the portrait. She felt that she had aged and wasn't really looking like her painted likeness.

BKuzak, the portrait was a gift from Cassie to her mother for her new home.

• Members

Yes, the story goes that JFP said that they wouldn't be needing that portrait any longer when Robin left the show. I don't remember if Robin took it with her then, or if it remained in the vaults and she reminded the show that the portrait "belonged" to her when she ultimately returned. She may have brought it in for that Grey Gardens episode. It may still be on YouTube, but Robin made a video at the OLTL studios where she showed the portrait and a framed, autographed copy of the People magazine cover when Susan Lucci won the Emmy. She was advertising that both would be up for auction at the previously mentioned event.

• Members

Yes. They had a portrait of Todd, Blair, and Starr hanging in its place when Dorian first left, and then a rather non-descript painting of what, I can't even remember. Dorian's portrait never hung above the staircase after 2000.

• Members

I'd thought that Viki would have put the portrait of Eugenia back up instead of hanging a painting of a German Longhaired Pointer in the Llanfair library.

I wonder if there was an onscreen explanation about Dorian's portrait coming down at Llanfair after Nancy Pinkerton left the show. My mother used to quip at how the portrait of Cabot and Isabelle on Loving changed three and four times with all of the different actresses in the role of Isabelle.

Really? Wow, I didn't know that.

Archived