GH: What would you do next?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keep Rachel Ames however I can.

Offer Tristan Rogers, Jack Wagner, Kristina Wagner, Jackie Zeman, Genie Francis, and Emma Samms contracts.

Order my head writer to craft a story getting Sonny completely out of the mob, because there are a lot of fans who love Sonny and wouldn't be happy to see him go.

Keep Johnny in Pentonville for just a little while, bring back Matt Hunter and allow the two of them to interact with Kristina, maybe tell a story about how crime does NOT pay, especially when you actually have to pay your debt to society. Kristina could learn something, and so could Johnny.

I honestly wouldn't know where to start with Alderson, Howarth, and Easton, so I'd probably send them off for a while, let PP deal with the characters, until my headwriter and I come up with something better than a vampire story. Of course, I could go the whole nine yards with the coocoo Lucy story and have that entire PC vampire arc a figment of her imagination.

AJ, Monica, and Tracy (along with other Quartermaines) would definitely get back into the business world. I'd have Tracy and AJ squabbling over taking over several bankrupt companies and broadening the spectre of ELQ. Michael would be learning from both of them while taking some business courses at Port Charles University, at around the same time Starr decides she wants to try the pre-med program again. Meanwhile, Shawn has realized that he doesn't want to kill people for a living, quits Sonny, and becomes an academic advisor at PCU, where he can counsel Michael, Starr, Kristina (who decides after interacting with Johnny and Matt at PCU that she wants to do something productive with her life) and eventually Molly and TJ a year or two down the line.

Rafe would never be seen or heard from again.

Meanwhile, the old-timers (Felicia, Frisco, Robert, Holly, Anna, Scotty, Laura, Luke) are all getting older and trying to find themselves in this world that's sort of leaving them behind. Felicia would discover that once she gets past the kneejerk reaction of "Adventure and Frisco, YAY!" that she's much more suited to a quiet life with Mac. Luke realizes that he's been a complete !@#$%^&*] for the past ten years and tries to win Laura back. Laura still loves the Luke he used to be, but tells him that he needs to make good with all of their kids (including Nikolas and Ethan) before she'll consider taking him back, which leads Luke to realize that he actually wants to make good with Lucky and Nik and Ethan, only to suddenly recall that Ethan isn't actually his son, it was all a ruse that he and Holly devised because Robert wouldn't have been able to protect Ethan when he was barely able to protect Robin and Anna.

Following Laura's lead, Felicia tells Frisco that he needs to focus on his daughter and not her, because she's happy with Mac.

• Members

Incinerate that Slagbeast so that I never have to see her ass again.

Make KMc an offer that she can't refuse so that Robin can return to the glory that she should've had when she came back in 2005.

Make JJ an offer for a recurring contract that he can't refuse so that my JJ Lucky can join Robin in being the true heart of the show.

Bring back more Qs (because Nedley coming around once every few months isn't enough for me) for AJ to mix it up with. There are plenty of dead/disappeared family members that I'd gladly welcome back.

Make a dedicated effort to rebuild the Spencer family - starting with Luke truly atoning for the way that he destroyed his family.

Make a dedicated effort to bring Liz Webber back to the character that I'd loved in the first five years of her run.

Commit to rehabilitating Sonny by making him an older and wiser version of the character that I used to love back in the 90s - especially if it means him relocating the self-awareness that he lost along the way. Only then will he be good enough for my Brenda to stroll away into the sunset with when she eventually returns.

• Members

Sign Jon Lindstrom, Lynn Herring, Kin Shriner, Genie Francis and Ian Buchanan on contract.

Make Liz a central character again. And, have her get back to her roots. (Her art)

Have Kevin open up an art studio and run it in his free time. And, have Lucy and Liz help out.

QUARTERMANIA! Recast Dillon with Mark Lawson (Brody from OLTL) and make him the new hunk on canvas. Also, have him start working for ELQ. Ned back full time as well in the long run. Along with an alive Georgie. Played by LL again. Have her get remarried to Dillon after she fights for him against someone like Serena Baldwin and make her become the new Lois. Have Serena the new Katherine Bell. Also, her mom's worst nightmare. Sorry Lucy!

Bring Cassadines back as well. Nik, a teenaged Spencer, and Stefan. Also, Hells. Wyndemere will be empty no longer!

Bring back the Faces Of The Heart opening. This time with a golden background and red letterboxing. In HD. Why, of course! No names added to it...and no freaking CGI.

The hospital as a focal point again as well. Ditch Britt and Sabrina. Keep Felix and Patrick. Bring back Robin. Also, Matt. Kevin working there as well. And, Lainey. PC needs two shrinks again. They had Kevin and Gail both on at one point. Also, Liz should stay on. And, so should Piph and Monica.

Piph should buy a boarding house. Like Mary Mae had. Maxie, Spinelli, Johnny, Kristina (recasted) should live there.

Rafe should be adopted by Kevin and Lucy. They never had the chance to have their own child.

Spin should find out his dad was Damien Smith. Mom.....Katherine Bell!

Mac and Felicia should stay together.

AJ and Liz should marry. smile.png

Duke and Anna should get back together. But, have a rocky relationship due to Tracy's jealously. And, her new obsession with Duke.

Scott/Laura/Luke triangle.

• Members

Off the top of my head (and I'm pretty sure that I'll kick myself when someone comes up with another Q)? Justus Ward. As to how he'd be brought back from the dead - I'm sure that Ron can come up with another implausible story as to how and why he wasn't "dead" in the first place as he did with AJ (to hide from the Mob while regretting his involvement in that cesspool in the first place).

• Members

I would bring back Jimmy Lee and he would bring along two kids, either two hunky twins one good and one evil, or twin brother and sister one good one evil. Scorpio would basically become the head of a Mission Impossible style crime team comprised of younger members and there would be two or three mystery/crime stories a year. I think I would kill off two or three babies, as they wreck the mother as a character. If I wanted to do that idea with Scorpio and wanted Sam on his team, that stupid baby they concocted for her holds her back, so the baby would have to go. There would never be more than one child on the show.

• Members

Before being permanently institutionalized, Connie goes on a crazytown spree, crippling Sonny, and killing Britt, Max, and Spinelli, who dies protecting his unborn child. Maxie learns that the baby actually was Dante's and Lulu's, and gives them the child, leaving town for six months, at least, to regain her identity. Lulu and Dante also leave town, deciding to head to Bensonhurst. Olivia leaves with them, but remains a recurring character in other people's stories.

Sonny adjusts to life in a wheelchair. Morgan comes home to help him. Viewers quickly learn that Morgan secretly loathes his father and is actually hindering his recovery. Most of Port Charles is so detached from Sonny that they don't realize the danger until almost too late. AJ, of all people, convinces Morgan to forgive, and not ruin his life. Sonny declares a truce with AJ, once and for all.

After six months, Maxie returns convinced that she's seen Georgie. Felicia, Mac, Frisco, Maxie, a returning Sean, and a recast Dillon, among others, search for her. Georgie is being held captive by an old WSB foe of Frisco's. Frisco agrees to take Georgie's place, as penance for his bad parenting. They share a tearful parting as Georgie returns to Port Charles and tries to rebuild her life.

Molly develops aphasia. She retreats from any relationships. Rafe feels like he has no one, and some of Sonny's men begin using him as an errand boy. Caleb kills them, and while he initially has plans to hurt Rafe to get back at his parents, he ultimately becomes something of a father figure. Caleb taps into Sam's inner bitch, and she's torn between good and bad, as he is also surprisingly torn between good and bad. Patrick becomes close friends with Sam, and tries to keep her, and himself, on the right path, as he's still struggling without Robin. Caleb plans to kill Patrick, but realizes he can't. Karen Wexler, Robin's old friend, Scott's daughter, etc. stops him. She returns just at the key moment, with everyone surprised that she's alive. She happily reunites with friends and family. Only Caleb realizes that she isn't quite alive...

Alexis and Shawn realize they're together for no real reason. Alexis begins a slow love story with a returning Jax, much to the irritation of Carly. Shawn begins dating Simone Hardy, who has returned to town around the same time as her adult, doctor son, Tommy. Tommy begins a hospital fling with Felix, which they don't want anyone to know about, because of their careers. Sabrina, who is happy for her friend, blabs. Felix is pissed off and tells her a few home truths, which spur Sabrina to grow up. She decides to actually ask Patrick if he wants to go out on a date, instead of fantasizing. He tells her no. She gets less airtime and a makeover and begins dating Dillon, much to the annoyance of Tracy, who sees her as a fake and a phony. She begins digging into Sabrina's past...

Tommy starts to fall for Liz, who eventually agrees to go out with him. Felix accuses Tommy of being self-hating and in denial and only interested in avoiding scandal. Tommy says he's bi, he's not in denial, and that Felix is a bigot. Felix punches him. They're both suspended. Felix quits, going to work full time for Lucy as she plans to revive Deception. Lucy's close friend slowly becomes her worst enemy as he plots to take over Deception for himself, with help from a mystery adviser...

AJ and Carly begin having a no-strings sexual relationship, which is much easier said than done. Michael is horrified. He has other things to worry about when Cole and Hope are miraculously found alive. Starr leaves town with them, never to return. Michael begins to wonder if he's actually asexual, and begins attending support groups.

Carly and Jax are fighting for custody of Joss, and Carly's hotel is being hit hard by lack of customers and endless inspections. When ugly information about her past, which she'd kept from everyone, costs her custody of Joss, she begins to wonder if someone is out to get her. She gets her answer when Jimmy Lee returns to Port Charles with his new wife, Mariellen, who lived in the trailer park with Carly, they were around the same age. Carly had an affair with her father, and her mother killed herself when she found out. Carly soon left, but Mariellen swore if she ever had a chance she'd get revenge. Jimmy Lee stakes a claim to the Quartermaine mansion and any remaining money, backed by Mariellen, who is wealthy from her own businesses. AJ helps Carly, in part for his own reasons, in part because of his growing feelings for her. Tracy reluctantly works with Carly too.

Tracy begins dating Alex Masters, from Loving/The City, an oil and water pairing that means more to both of them than they can admit. Ned isn't thrilled, due to Alex's past dabbling in cons, and for the first time Tracy is on the receiving end of some major scheming and plotting from a child. This story could also pave the way for other Loving characters, and Carla from The City.

Johnny saves somebody important's life and is released from prison, pledging to go straight this time. He takes over the Haunted Star. Lucas returns from Seattle with Bobbie, who has decided to stay in Port Charles permanently, running a free clinic. Lucas gets a job at the Haunted Star and becomes very close to Johnny. Johnny is surprised anyone cares about him at all. One night they fall into bed. Johnny finally starts to see the chance to feel happy, and safe. He doesn't realize that a very torn Lucas is under orders from the Jerome crime family, his family, to kill Johnny...

Archived