Characters That Were Re/Cast with Perfect Actor, But Fizzled or Flopped

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was a good actress, but I dont know if I ever bought her as Cassie. LW's Cassie always acted like she had a chip on her shoulder, even in times of happiness.. while NF's Cassie seemed almost like a stepford wife.

I agree with previous posters that Jennifer Landon was a decent Heather... but I think the problem was that she was cast right before a shake up behind the scenes. Had she been Heather for longer then a few months, I think she might have survived being cut.

• Members

I still wonder why she was cut--was it when McTavish returned and Broderick left and some characters were cycled out? Honestly I don't remember her exit--I loved her (she was my first intro to Skye), and her, Janet and Erica as the "Three Witches of PV" were a lot of fun.

The actress still works in Vancouver where I *believe* she looks after a disabled son (it's hard to find a lot of info on her). She has done some amusing lotto commercials lol.

• Members

Definitely agree about Julie Pinson as DAYS' Billie. Loved her on PC, but totally blah lifeless on DAYS.

Lots of people loved Signy Coleman as Y&R's Hope, yet just couldn't measure up as a recast plastic surgery Annie Dutton on GL. Cynthia Watros rocked in the role, and Coleman's portrayal was just uninspired.

• Members

Signy's an engaging performer, but she wasn't cut out to play a villain, especially Annie. I know there were rumors at that time that the original plan was for Annie to have plastic surgery to look like Cassie, with LW in a dual role. I wonder if that would have been better.

Archived