Characters That Were Re/Cast with Perfect Actor, But Fizzled or Flopped

• Members

This is for characters or recasts that were cast with the perfect actor but the story just wasn't there. Let's start with Julie Pinson as Billie Reed, on paper and in theory she would have been the perfect Billie, she had the right amount of beauty and a tomboyish appeal. She also looked young enough to be Kate's daughter. But her Billie just never took off because the writing wasn't there.

I think Greg Vaugh is the perfect choice for Eric Brady, but this priest angle will drag too many characters down to make it work. Don't want to speak to soon, but Eric is fizzling pretty quickly to me.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'll agree on NL but TB was just wrong for the role. TB looked older than her onscreen sister and she played the role too self entitled and obnoxious when Taylor was supposed to be more sweet. Taylor sucked no matter who played her though

Lesli Kay as Lois on GH

Lesli Kay as Felicia on B&B. She was brought on pretty much to die but when she proved popular with viewers, they changed the story and kept her alive. Unfortunately the show didn't know what to do with her and after a brief triangle with Dante/Bridget, she pretty much fizzled.

I thought you thought TB was an awful choice for Taylor...lol

• Members

Im confused bc i thought this topic was about actors who were good choices for the roles they were chosen to play but the writing just wasnt there and they were pretty much doomed to fail as a result. Thats why to me TB was never a good choice to be Taylor and it wasnt the writing's fault. TB as an actress was just wrong for that and she failed to make it work onscreen.

• Members
Now you know you wrong. Eddie Winslow should have NEVER been hired as Malcolm. ALOT of MAB's casting choices were WTF even on paper...lol

People will disagree with me but I don't care. The Gia recast on GH. I liked her and wish she had been given more of a chance. I don't even know why she was recasted if they weren't going to do anything with her.

• Members

I know some of these aren't going to be popular here but anywho...

Y&R

Susan Walters (Diane)

Rachel Kimsey (Mackenzie)

Tammin Sursok (Colleen)

Nia Peeples (Karen)

John Driscoll (Chance)

Walter Fauntleroy (Nate)

Tristan Rogers (Colin)

Peter Porte (Ricky)

Jennifer Landon (Heather)

B&B

Rick Hearst (Whip)

Dax Griffin (Shane)

Ben Hogestyn (Harry)

William deVry (Storm)

Zack Conroy (Oliver)

• Members

TJ on GH. I thought the current actor slipped into the role quite well but we all know how that's about to go down now. Similarly, Kiki Ellsworth as Stan. Different from the original, but the casting of him actually made the character seem more viable with more potential. Too bad the show didn't really see that

Archived