Soapnet's "50 years in 50 hours" GH marathon

1,084 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

mine is a HD DVR from Time Warner Cable, all it has a USB port, just checked :(

Posted · Report post

I believe you can plug a flash drive into that port though.

Posted · Report post

I'll call TW and ask them how to do that lol

Posted · Report post

You guys. You can't save stuff from your DVR to a flash drive. LOL that's there for "future use" or, for some DVR boxes, to plug an external hard disk to it so you can increase your recording time.

Posted · Report post

Then tell me how the people that upload to YT get GH on there? I've always wanted to know. Honest question.

Posted · Report post

Then tell me how the people that upload to YT get GH on there? I've always wanted to know. Honest question.

Most use a digital PVR recorder icon1.gif

Posted · Report post

Does anyone want to start guessing what episodes they'll use?

I think the following are probably sure bets:

Clink/Boom

Stone dies

Luke and Laura's wedding

Sonny leaves Brenda at the alter

Sonny sees Brenda is alive

One of the Nurse's Ball

Posted (edited) · Report post

They use a PC DVR. I have a TV card in my PC which I use to record content. It comes with the HP Media Center PCs that Ive purchased, but you get get the card seperately

Edited by Cheap21

Any guesses on what you think will DEFINITELY be featured?

I'm guessing:

L 'n L's wedding

Luke and Laura's return

BJ's heart

Stone's death

Clink-boom

A Nurse's Ball or two

Sonny shoots Carly

Port Charles Hotel fire

L 'n L's 2006 wedding

MetroCourt

Robin's "death"

EDIT: Adelaide beat me to it on some things!

Edited by BingCherry

Posted · Report post

They use a PC DVR. I have a TV card in my PC which I use to record content. It comes with the HP Media Center PCs that Ive purchased, but you get get the card seperately

Darn. I need to look into that when I get some money.

Darn. I need to look into that when I get some money.

If you have Windows, you should already have Windows Media Center which comes with Windows Vista Premium and Windows 7. Thats the program used to do the recording. All you'd need to get after that is the hardware. I think its so much easier and more efficent to have my PC set up as a DVR than a standalone box. Makes it easy to move files around, edit, making gifs/clips, upload to YT, etc... And I dont have to pay a monthly fee to a cable company to use it. Plus space is never much of an issue as I can just shuffle things to an external hard drive or flashdrive for longterm backup.

Edited by Cheap21

Posted · Report post

I have Windows 7 on my laptop. But, no sound card. So, would the DVR still work? Or, would it not record sound?

Posted · Report post

If you have Windows, you should already have Windows Media Center which comes with Windows Vista Premium and Windows 7. Thats the program used to do the recording. All you'd need to get after that is the hardware. I think its so much easier and more efficent to have my PC set up as a DVR than a standalone box. Makes it easy to move files around, edit, making gifs/clips, upload to YT, etc... And I dont have to pay a monthly fee to a cable company to use it. Plus space is never much of an issue as I can just shuffle things to an external hard drive or flashdrive for longterm backup.

I have windows 7 and I know I have windows media center. So what would i need to buy for this

Posted · Report post

I have Windows 7 on my laptop. But, no sound card. So, would the DVR still work? Or, would it not record sound?

I have windows 7 and I know I have windows media center. So what would i need to buy for this

You'd need a TV tuner and the simplest options for laptop is getting a USB one like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1191-WinTV-HVR-950Q-Personal-Recorder/dp/B001DEYVXO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1360541755&sr=8-7&keywords=TV+TUNER

Connect that to your PC and then your cable to the end and you can watch and record tv