GH: People magazine special for the 50th anniversary

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When i think of GH Maxie is absolutely one of the first characters I think of, along with Elizabeth, Sonny, Brenda, Stone, Robin and Carly.

Why shouldnt current day GH be represented? This isnt a retrospective memorial issue of a fallen show ala AMC, its celebrating the history - clearly displayed on the cover - and the current - also, represented. You do say the children/grandkids of legacy characters should be featured tho, off to the side - how is that exactly how maxie is uesd?

the cover as you laid out sounds like a circular disaster, honestly. they cant please everyone, no matter what they do. If it is that awful and your the offended I hope you dont buy it, borrow it, look at it, or even think of it.

• Members

No, but shes a strong supporting player, a legacy character who has rarely ever been off screen, been a part of popular pairings, in big stories, and KS has been heavily featured since joinging the cast almost 8 years ago, was on the spin off, is connected to a large portion of the characters.

Would she had been my first pick? No. But shes far from an awful choice.

• Members

Exactly. It's just like the people who make a big deal about not watching the PP reboots based on every single rumour. I don't get it, I guess. As a fan of these shows, I could see thinking "meh maybe I'll buy the People issue if I see it in the stores--it's not too important to me." But the attitude of "I HATE THIS COVER, I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS!" just baffles me.

• Members

Sorry but a "supporting player" should not be on the COVER of People magazine. If there can only be a total of EIGHT people on the cover of People, those EIGHT people should not be "supporting players". They should be iconic GH characters. End of story.

• Members
I think its odd that she's alone. If they were going to use that tagline, "Young Love" then why not put her with one of her love interest. In that case, Spinelli would have been a good choice (no people would be flipping out even more over that!). Really Maxie with Lulu and Dante would have worked or even with Frisco and Felicia. That solo shot of her just seemed odd. I don't think Maxie as a character stands out much. She's more or less been defined by her relationships, whether its as Felicia's daughter, Elizabeth's rival, Spinelli's gf, etc....

• Members
Because she is young and has had many loves? Jesse. Cooper. Spin. Why limit it to one? Because there were already three other couples on the cover? Adding more people to the cover would be too much IMHO. As I've said any younger female could be where Maxie is. Liz lulu or Sam even. And why they choose ASJ for hunky men I have no idea.

• Members

Well I wouldn't buy this issue of PEOPLE just like I haven't bought hundreds before.

As for OLTL's reboot. I have several drop dead issues. If any one of them happen? I'm happier where I am. If OLTL launches and fails I'm no worse off than I am now. If OLTL is successful but it looks anything like GH I'm better off not watching.

Anyone CAN be on the cover. Maxie proves it. ;)

• Members

I don't think it matters whether or not a character is lead or supporting as to whether they make the cover, what matters is does the character say "GH" and does it help make a nice cover. Amy Vining is an iconic and instantly recognizable face to anyone who watched the show when it was actually popular, she could have been on the cover easily despite not being a star.

If they wanted recognizable and big names, I wonder why they didn't go for Emma Samms? I guess they wanted a hunk with his shirt off.

Archived