Successful Characters with No Family or Ties to Canvas

• Members

Would Nora on OLTL count. During the time she was divorced from Bo and not a Buchanan she still carried her own weight and I never viewed her as a just a Buke. They continuosly tried to bring her daughter on and even gave her a sister but most of the time it was just Nora.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hank is one of the few minority characters this applies to. (Evangeline is another.) But the real winner of this sad contest on OLTL should probably go to Carlotta. That character was simply a name that Dorian threw around until Malone decided to make her a real person.

• Members

The first two that came to my mind were Jax and Sonny on GH. In fact the whole S/J/B triangle was unique in the fact that none of those characters had any strong familial ties to the canvas. Brenda came in tied to an established character, but was left without anyone after her first year or so on the show.

• Members

He had chemistry with Rebecca Herbst and plans of a Liz/Zander pairing got cut short when Steve Burton returned. GH screwed up both fan bases bc they didn't even put Liz with Jason but stuck him with Courtney instead! I wonder how differently things would have been had Zander been paired with Liz that summer/fall

• Members

I forgot about Zander and Elizabeth. I was not watching much by then. I am watching Zander/ATEmily YT clips now. Gawd, I loved them. I had forgotten about how much having hit music improved the soaps' romances. GH used to have a nice mix of pop and R&B music.

Archived