Successful Characters with No Family or Ties to Canvas

• Members

Since soaps now make it point to make every character turn out to be a long lost relative of a core family or core character, help me remember characters that have no family connections that became successful.

Marlena Evans (DOOL) - I can imagine if she was introduced today, she would be the long lost bastard daughter of Tom Horton. But Marlena has been her own character and her children have basically become the center of Days, they are core characters through marriage and growing up on screen, not ridiculous re-writing of history.

Dorian Lord (OLTL) - A great actress and a character with many layers, she just made her own place for herself and her women in her family long after Victor died. She had her own stories and her rivalry with Vicki helped out alot too.

Victoria Lord (OLTL) - Yeah I know the Lords were originally the Core family of OLTL. But since the 90's or Vicki was left the as the lone lord. Even after divorcing the new core family the Buchanan's she remained central.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you can take Viki out of that bc the Lords have always had a strong presence on the show. Lone Lord? That's completely false since her daughters have always been around and she's been heavily involved in their drama. Not to mention all the shenanigans with Todd. Viki has never been without family

• Members

DAYS

Don Craig (I think), I know family was brought in for him, but I don't think he had any family in that show when introduced.

Maggie Simmons - The Bell era was very good at introducing outside characters and working their way into the show's core families.

Did Laura initially have any family ties to the show or no?

Archived