Your Favorite Soap Characters Who are Often Forgotten

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ditto to Faith Roscoe and Ric Lansing. Faith was finally becoming three-dimensional. Ric, oh where do I start. Amazing actor, loved him on GL as well, and he gets to be Sonny's foil for years. Wasted talent and he what a sexy guy and very handsome as well.

Ditto to V (Venus Ardonowski). She had such great chemistry with Jax, a breath of fresh air. She was beautiful but not the traditional type of woman. It's too long a list of characters trashed for the almighty Brenda.

• Members

She had two (a doctor - can't remember his name, and then Andy Norris), but you're right. She was mostly in those roles.

She was the perfect supporting character that soaps don't seem to know how to do now. I wish they'd kept her on.

• Members

^^^this is so funny...I remember a Dr (or probably intern) Louie being smitten with her---he ended up being the one who helped Maeve hide Ben from Kyle (or something...) and the thing with Andy Norris (or Andy Ferris I get those two mixed up) where he lied and used her.

• Members
Funny that he should come up. I'm pretty sure that was Mark Hamilton and despite knowing exactly who he is through the German DVDs, I never knew his full name until I stumbled on Marsha Clark's (ex-Hillary) Guiding Plight parody on YT.

I had the pleasure of seeing Denise Pence back in October and she is still fabulous!

The best analogy to Katie Parker I can think of is GH's Amy Vining, though I think Katie was less comic relief than Amy was.

• Members

I didn't like the character mostly because I didn't like Ned and I didn't like her constant Quartermaine bashing and smugness, but I think we're among the few.

She and Mark were great together. It was so nice to have such a fun couple - and everyday banter and fun, not annoying hijinks - admist the soap misery.

I think the character lost most of her voice and role in later years, which is a shame.

• Members

One of the reasons why I loved OG Lois was because she never backed down from her core values, in spite of the peer pressure to think and act like a Q. As much fondness as I have for that family, I'm equally fond of someone who won't allow them to browbeat them into becoming their puppet.

Furthermore, I thought she was an excellent representative of someone that wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth who fell in love with someone who had been and was trying to stay true to herself by keeping her head above water.

Archived