Worst Musical Acts

• Members

WORD. I truly don't understand EF having successful cabaret acts....it sounds like she's gargled with glass shards for years.

And let me add Martha Byrne. GAWD, I grew to hate "You Can't Make Me Love You".

Double Ditto on KDP. I'd forgotten how twangy she was on GL until I heard her on OLTL.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is another example of what I was saying about REG/Evangeline. I adored Erin Torpey, liked her voice and that song is actually a favorite of mine but you are 100% right about the fact that there was no reason for that scene.

That just reminds me of how wrong things had to go in order for Jessica to become the useless waste she turned into. There's no excuse for what happened to that character. None at all.

• Members

Martha sang that about 50 times. I never could take it.

I think Eileen probably suited some songs but I'm not sure she ever sang them on ATWT. It's nice that ATWT let her sing in her 50th anniversary episode, but the whole thing was so depressing.

Honorable mention to Lauren on Y&R when they forgot to give her songs for her thin range.

(Not a big Danny fan either, although I did enjoy his "Obsession" duet with Lauren)

• Members

I actually don't mind her singing, if only because ET/Jessica and I are both Sheryl Crow fans biggrin.png .

And I'm going to risk my popularity here and say that I actually don't mind KDP singing. I...um...actually have her song "Too Little" ion my iTunes **hides**.

I have to add this, though. WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c28lP9LRSE

I should also add the Babes Behind Bars episode of OLTL from 2002. The Trading Places episode from 2001 is MUCH better.

• Members

I hate, hate, hate, when soap actors sing on their soaps. Did I mention HATE! I cannot think of one that I ever liked, a mini-exception was when J.T. sweetly sang to Colleen that first time on Y&R, but of course, they never know when enough is enough and he kept singing. Gah. Then there were those dreadful Danny summer concerts with Lauren and Traci singing on Y&R which made me want to stick hot pokers in my eyes. I loved Chloe and Brady as a couple, but would cringe whenever they sang.

The irony that the only soap "actor" whoever had a real voice worth hearing was Lauryn Hill who did sing some on ATWT. There is a clip of her singing at Jessica's wedding on YT and her voice feels so limited in that scene. She is not desperately belting out the song like the mediocre soap actors always do. Guess, when you have talent it just comes naturally.

• Members

I think Livia sang a few times on AMC, and it was bearable. The actress has done Broadway and has a decent voice. I think she sang at weddings and funerals though, so it was acceptable and less about characters randomly bursting into song, which I HATE.

I still remember Ricky Paull Goldin doing a rock video on Another World, and it was SO massively cheesy.

I will also grudgingly add Erica Kane, high on libidizone, "pulling a Michelle Pfeiffer" as she later called it, and singing on the piano in the Valley Inn. I ADORE Susan Lucci, but music is not her strongest skill. Erica on libidizone was hilarious, and the hot sex with David afterward was more than worth sitting through the song, but still... she's not a singer.

Archived