Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

Adrienne Leon was a good recast, but I did not like Tammin Sursok at all as Colleen. Regardless who was playing Colleen, she and J.T. should have never been permanently split up. J.T.'s sudden love, kid, and marriage to Victoria was ridiculous and I knew that it would be a dead end for his character. He should have always been in the younger set.The WTD story should have been Colleen's with J,T and Adrian as the possible fathers.

What MAB did to Brad and Colleen was unforgivable. The permanent way that MAB killed them both and in such a short space of time too was horrible, although I still think that Colleen can be resurrected with some imagination. To this day, I don't understand why MAB did it and why Sony/CBS allowed her to do it, especially Colleen who was a legacy character with so many family ties to the canvas. Both characters could have been easily sent away to NY for a while. MAB had already driven me away from Y&R, I refused to watch her kill Brad and Colleen's death was the end for me.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that AL gave Colleen the same sweetness that Lyndsy was able to convey. It was even more difficult for AL because LML gave Colleen a bitchiness and deceptiveness that she never had before. Yet, even with the conflict with Brad and Victoria, and then later the affair with Adrian, I thought that Colleen remained a fundamentally good person. It never felt like she wanted to hurt J.T. or that she was no longer in love with him, but rather she was confused about her new feelings for this other man. I always thought she and J.T. would have worked things out when she got back from N.Y. All he had to do is determinedly pursue her and remind her about how much they loved each other and she would go back to him. Instead all hell broke loose and the role was recast with J.T. shipped off to horrible Victoria Newman-land.

• Members

Seriously, I cannot begin to figure which one of them was worse; Victoria or Mac. Victoria, I think, because she sucks the life out of her screen partners, but Mac is a close second. J.T. lost all his personality when Colleen left the first time. I actually thought that he regained it when AL was cast as Colleen. He was back to his snarky, occasionally obnoxious-self. They had chemistry and their fights while manufactured, at least, had energy and made them seem like a real couple.

• Members

That was the peak of the Hogan "men with balls" era. Baked hams like Billy and sociopath kings like Adam and Victor. Not much else. JT was more of a beta male, and only a writer with half a brain can work with those.

There were rumors that JT was supposed to be killed and it was rewritten at the last minute, so it could have been worse.

• Members

No doubt most of that praise is coming from the same media and fans who fawned over his crap performances on GH for years. Have you ever seen the satire of Jason's Walk of Pain? Jason finds the biological son that he has ignored for years alive and proceeds to walk aimlessly around for two minutes. It is Burton at his worse. Hang in there until .49 when it gets hilarious thanks to a creative GH fan. To this day, this is funny as hell. It never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfdM095uiks

Archived