Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, well i happen to know that for quite a few different actors they have come in handy, both in negotiating new contracts w/ their shows, offers from other soaps, and in the case of a few even in booking primetime gigs.

For an actor to have an emmy or any legit award on their resume is no different than any professional having a legitimate award from that field on their resume. of course it helps. It isnt pointless or meaningless.

• Members

Right.

And you know that it hinders how? Because people have said they it off? Im saying i know it helps, some people, because they have bee told it helping in picking them over their competition If you suck as an actor or arent right for a role, a emmy wont help you get one. If your good and a right fit and up against someone with nothing in their background im not sure how it is so absolutely unbelievable and out of the realm of possibility that an emmy can help you push you over. And earlier you said it didnt help at all, so now its just in primetime?

• Members

Yeah, prople from VM dont usually mention him at all when talking about reuniting and when he is brought up in video interviews you can tell some didnt like him. He pushed hard for a Veronica/Lamb hookup that didnt go well, from what I remember. They did seem to build him up in s3 and then quickly he was just gone.

I wish I could blame her and call for a recast to fix the character, but i feel the strong vicotira of HT is so far gone and dead in the past that this weak, shrew victoria is what Y&R feels the character should be.

• Members

I think that a Daytime Emmy is a piece of toilet paper, but I have heard that winning an Emmy raises an actor's status with the network and does help with negotiations. To my disgust, I read that is one of the reasons that Greg Rikaart still has a job at Y&R even though his character is worthless.

I concede that you might be right, but when I am Victoria hate mode, I lose all perspective and rationality about the character.

That damn MAB. I don't care about her explanations. Brad, Ashley, and Colleen all were loss during her tenure so it is ALL on her. Plus that she purposely she killed off Brad and Colleen in ways that make it near impossible to bring them back, even annoying LML made sure that Dru's body was never found after she went off the cliff. I cannot believe that Sony let that woman destroy Y&R for 4 years. Nepotism has been a bitch on Y&R and the soaps as a genre.

• Members

Thank goodness for Jack and Victor. Without them, I don't know... Jack about Victor: He was putting me on notice that he really is a lunatic. Bwaaah!

So Abby has remembered that she is an Abbott, very nice. If this is the start of rebuilding the Abbotts, I heartily approve. It would be nice if Traci followed along with a magically alive Colleen.

Victoria remembered Reed. I cannot believe that J.T. has a child with that... I wish JFP would consider bringing Thad Luckinbill back.

Archived