Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like all of the new characters except Dylan. Other than him, I feel like the new characters are being phased in nicely and not shoved down our throats as per usual. Also, most of them are surprisingly pretty talented.

But know what, my hate for Amelia Heinle's Victoria has returned in full force. I have always had a roller coaster of emotions about her Victoria, moving from disgust to annoyance to apathy to resentment with the occasional bout of hate as her sheer blandness. Well, I am in full hate mode these days.

• Members

I liked Steve Burton, but they pushed his character quickly. He came into town, got a job, met Sharon, then re-united with Avery, then got kicked out of her life just as quickly. I wish they took a little more time in developing him, as it seems like he's just repeating conversations with Avery/Nick now.

• Members

I'm indifferent to Dylan. But unlike the people on the Y&R facebook page I don't feel like any of the other newbies have been forced down my throat. Like I remember after Mark Pinter's first epi I heard the screams of him being shoved down viewer throats but I don't see it at all. He didn't come on loud, obnoxious and on everyday trying to replace my old faves like MAB's newbies.

• Members

I can see MM being bumped down the food chain of male leads and contenders, especially now that an FOJ is on the scene.

You have EB and PB's characters with all their history, you know have the Dylan/Avery/Nick triangle and it looks as if Chelsea may be having a lot more scenes with Cane, which leaves Adam where? In a 'going nowhere fast' pairing that many are tired of (except the Shaddams Family folk).

To be fair, he is in a business storyline that is the most interesting stuff he's done in I don't know how long but most viewers are finally recognizing that neither Adam nor Phyllis needs to be on daily and the show will carry on at the its current level, if not slightly higher.

I'm just saying that MM should be on attitude watch because I don't belief that JFP nor JG is interesting in building Y&R around him or Adam. That was MAB. That was the past.

• Members

by FOJ, I was referring to Steve Burton.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear. I meant that now that Steve Burton is on the scene, I can see MM being bumped further down on the food chain, as in reduced time onscreen. Then again since it worked for MS, this doesn't have to be a bad thing.

It would definitely be good for me not to see so much of MM.

• Members

Oh no...and I hope he never becomes one. I definitely agree that the current regime like to write for PB and MCE. Interesting that Daniel Goddard is sharing more scenes with MCE these days. I wonder if this is because CK is recurring? Or do they plan to take Lily in a different direction? Just curious.

MM was one of MAB's pets, I think. (I'm glad she's gone).

I haven't been checking Hogan Sheffer's status but I hope he's gone too.

• Members

I wonder whose fault that was? I'm not sure how much JW gets paid but I can't imagine flying down and back home for 1 day's work would make sense and that looks like all that was written. I suppose she could have been sick or wasn't given enough notice too.

I've been waiting for the same thing. It's not Y&R to me without Chancellor, I started with them and when Jill's story ends I'm done because she isn't attached to any of her offspring. I'm not interested in Billy as Jack's brother, The only thing I'm waiting for from Kay for her to admit to herself she killed a man and she is responsible for that. Kay's always had CI, power, & wealth, and she found love with Murphy, so I'm not wondering much about her, and I hardly need her to get to know insta-children she never had before. LOL I've seen Nikki & Victor together ad nauseum, I know their endgame. Jack has Jabot and I've never worried about his love life.

It's only Jill that I'm waiting for. She's the only one in flux, she's has no onscreen life for years and she's not even close to an endgame. She has no love life, no company, and no career. No relationship with her children or grandchildren. I want to see Jill to find someone, get control CI and run that mansion. I want to watch her to be the parent to Phillip and John's offspring since they are gone. But they don't seem to be letting Jill in on Billy's life or even cast Chance.

I wonder if JW doesn't want to work that much or if Y&R doesn't really want to pay and/or write for her. . Viewers have followed Jill's life for 10, 20, 10, or almost 40 years and she finally return after 8 months and it's all about Tucker? A 3 year failed retconned insta-character? I could give a SH*T what happens to him. So if that's who the new regime thinks we are interested in they are DELUSIONAL!

They aren't going to get better than JW, but if she really and truly doesn't want to put enough time in to do real story arcs & it's not just Sony /JFP being cheap or wanting their friends in the role, I hope they re-cast. I want to see Jill live her life in Genoa City. I could deal story arc intervals but I'm not interested in seeing Jill like we used to see Gina. They may as well write an ending story if they are going to do that. It's just silly to see Billy and the GC business world act like Jill doesn't exist.

Archived