DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Mike only shared scenes with Lexie, Carrie, Jennifer, and Bill.

Mike and Lucas shared a few scenes after the reveal and formed a relationship. Jennifer and Lucas formed a bond as well. He was best man in she and Jack's wedding. Lucas has always been close to Mickey and Maggie, though.

An actor names Sean Douglas

• Members

You won't get any disagreement from me. Kate/LK are compelling to watch, she has such a feline, sexy presence about her and LK always plays her as a recognizeably human character, not just a stock "vixen" or bitch. She is also a major chemistry magnet and the love scenes with Rafe are a case in point. Wowsa! She instantly made him more interesting. Some of the younger set on Days could learn a thing or two from Miss Koslow. I can't wait for Stefano to return to Salem because I still feel both he and Kate are still in love with each other.

Days is really riding high right now -- the storytelling is tight and they are showing different shades to the more repetitive ones each day. So even when I groan about Daniel and Jennifer, they throw in a curveball like Chloe's fight with Victor and later Daniel checking into a hotel. It keeps us on our toes.

Also, I think Days is benefiting from some really chemistryful potential pairings at the moment. I haven't seen the show be this sexy in a loooong time, right down to the fantasies that Nicole is having about Eric which are drawing out the sexual tension between the two. Days used to be the standard bearer with this kind of romantic storylining -- it could be again.

• Members

There were scenes with Mike, Jenn, and Lucas (and Bill?) after the reveal . . . Mike and Jenn would try to include him in stuff, but he always felt like the black sheep of the family (which you could kinda tell they felt, too; the awkwardness between Mike/Jenn and Lucas really added a great layer to their characters and the Horton family). Mike and Lucas wound up interacting more when Mike & Carrie got legs.

However, once Jenn returned in '00, they rarely interacted. When BD was let go in '01 and Lucas was badly burned in the K manse fire, Jenn went to the hospital and confessed to Austin that she hadn't even seen Lucas in the few months she'd been back and felt sick about it (this was the first Austin/Jenn scene since her return, too). But when PB & PC were writing, they had a handful of scenes where it was clear that Lucas wanted to be closer to her and she was distant, and that's when she had all these secret issues with Bill that DH dropped. Then when DH came on, ya, she had Lucas be Jack's best man at the J&J '03 wedding, which was a joke. The rationale was that since Jack's brother, Steve, couldn't be there, he wanted Lucas, Jenn's brother, to stand up for him. It should have been Vern, Bo, or Harold. Once Reilly returned, I don't think they ever interacted, even though they'd always be at the same family functions. But like someone said, they talked about each other and stuff. The other thing that was dropped was that Jenn and Sami didn't like each other during basically all of Missy's 00's stint. And as someone else mentioned, Lucas and Maggie were very, very close (they had the relationship she has with Brady now). And as of '04, Sami started being dubbed "the new Julie" and Lumi and D&J had many scenes together until DH came aboard again.

While I'm not thrilled about Lucas and Jenn being close now (because I think there's so much to mine about the previous distance and awkwardness between them), I appreciate how GT & CW have made "Days" maybe the most connected canvas in daytime right now.

• Members

Besides Peter, all those people were back only briefly and their stories were botched, so I'm like easy come, easy go (plus some I am very happy to see go!). But I totally get what you mean when you say that you can't identify with the show you gre up with. I felt that way with the show when the teens invaded in 1999!

• Members

Just watched Monday, which I really enjoyed. I have to take back what I wrote about Chloe/Nadia because the Victor/Chloe scenes were fantastic. As were the Lucas/Nicole and Kristen/Stefano scenes. A really good epsisode - I was suprised Janet wrote it.

I know a lot of people think this Daniel is Jen's great love is nonsense, and I'm inclined to agree, but lets not kid - she never loved Jack. I've been watching this show for over 20 years and when it Reeves/Ashford in the roles, it was clear Jen never loved Jack - she was a shrew to him and reminded me of many women IRL who stay with their men for the sake of their children despite their spouses giving them plenty reason to divorce (in this case repeated abscondment and placing career before family). I think Jack loved Jen though. Anyone who thinks J&J were a supercouple post-1993 is fanwanking imho.

Archived