Actors who should have been cast in different roles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Deidre hall as Dr Sandy Horton

Richard Guthrie as Steve Olsen

In 76 it would have been possible for Sandy to have now been a practising doctor.With a few tweaks Marlena could have been Sandy and the Horton family would have been bolstered to this day.

Days aged Julie's son David way too quickly and pushed Susan Seaforth into being a grandmother when she was still in her 30's.

David's stories could have been given to Julie's brother Steve(another under used character) and Julie could have a concerned older sister rather than mother.

• Members

^While that would have worked, Dee as Sandy, I have always admired how Marlena was able ti became a central character, along with her kids, while not she wasnt a member of a major family or even a family. She effortlessly fit into the show and worked across the canvas. I wish we had more characters like that. Its partially the reason I hated DAYS making Melanie maggies granddaughter, when they already had that bond and that twist wasnt needed and failed basically.

• Members

Final couple of years of ATWT should've utilized its rich history instead of creating Passantate's fluke characters of the month. IMO:

Noelle Beck should've been cast as Frannie instead of a Lily recast.

Jeffery Meeks as Rick Ryan instead of Craig.

Eric William Morris should've been cast as MJ Dixon instead of Matt O'Connor.

Evan Alex Cole should've been cast as one of the Ward boys (Lowell or Gregory) instead of Emily's egg baby.

Chris Heiusler should've been Pete Wendall instead of Cole Norbeck

Wally Kurth as Caleb Snyder or Duke Kramer instead Sam Hutchins

Kin Shriner as Seth Snyder instead of Keith

Sarah Brown as Nikki Munson instead of Julia

• Members

Clumping Y&R and B&B in with what I said about World Turns,

Melissa Claire Egan should've been cast as Jennifer Foster. Jill would've had a niece, a Foster/Brooks would've been back on the canvas, and they could've made her into a modern day Jill instead whiny ass Chelsea. Sean Patrick Flanery should have been her brother Chuck, and with Steve Burton on the show, he could be Brooks.

Aaron D. Spears should have switched with Eddie Winslow and been Malcolm. I still think he should be cast in that role.

The boy playing Mason should've been cast as Nate.

Lawrence St. Victor needs to be Zende instead of a foster brother Marcus had.

This might annoy people but I prefer legacy characters that are practically blank slates to be brought back BEFORE creating a new character.

Archived