Actors who should have been cast in different roles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree on Alexa being Amanda. It's as clear as day though that McTavish wasn't thinking about the long term though, I think she initially envisioned Babe being a one year character at most, kind of like that of Stacey Morasco's first tenure on OLTL. Have her start some trouble cause some chaos, kick start another Martin/Chandler feud and then one and done her and have her never be seen again. But then lightening struck with the actress and they kept her, reshaping her original role and giving her shaky motivation with no deviation for storyline development to process it all. I think Amanda's introduction was actually better done with a lot of similarities to Babe's story in many instances, but the actress was just too weak to reconcile giving her front burner status. Add in a loss of Greenlee and there you had Babe coming the second female lead/face of AMC during 2006.

Bobbie Eakes is more complicated though, she honestly served no real purpose as a character after Jenny was born and I can't help but think the pregnancy would have been better utilized had it just been given to Babe, during that similar time period.

• Members
she was proof of concept that Fusion works!

Besides she was too young to be Liza but not Skye? Liza came on as a 16/17 year old in 1981. Skye joined in her early 20s in 1986. They were roughly the same age. Skye was even thrust into Tad's sphere with his contemporaries early on

Archived