Actors who should have been cast in different roles

• Members

What actors do you think would have done better if TPTB had cast them in a different role?

My selections:

Y&R

Maura West - Grace Turner or Tricia McNeil

Jennifer Landon - Mackenzie Browning

Jessica Collins - Victoria Newman

Tammin Sursok - Samantha Atkinson

Rachel Kimsey - Erica Lovejoy

B&B

Sarah Joy Brown - A villain

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about Scott Hoylrod as a Chris Hughes (ugh, the travesty that was Bailey Chase) instead of Paul Ryan? (I floved him as Paul---but he probably was too young for the role...) And in returned I would not have been skeeved out by the Alison/Chris pairing while Jessie Dunphy was in the role.

• Members

Brandon Beemer as Thomas Forrester on B&B

Texas Battle as Zende Forrester-Dominguez (since Brad wanted an African American Forrester there was no reason for Eric to adopt the adult son of his wife for five minutes)

Sarah Brown as Sarah Horton on DAYS

Tamara Brown as Sarah Horton on DAYS

James Scott as Andrew Donovan on DAYS

Y&R's Leslie should be playing Lily

• Members

I always thought Ron Raines should have been a recast Mike Bauer on GL instead of Alan. He was too nice to be Alan and his interperation came off as blustery and grumpy. I think Marj Dusay should have been cast as either a woman who married into Spaulding money, or some Tulsa broad who married H.B. off screen and now has stock in both Lewis and Spaulding and just likes to raise hell. I also think DAM would make a great Tom Hughes, instead of an evil prince. The time he was good on GL he just came off as so all American and healthy. Much better then the sour, dour Tom we got.

• Members

Young and the Restless' Michael Graziadei comes to mind first.

When he took over for Cam Gigandet in 2004, he played the role kinda shady and like a playboy (which Gigandet was perfect at) but somewhere down the road (I think after Cassie's 2005 death), Daniel became goody two shoes and super boring. Even during his cybersex addiction storyline, he never really had that sting.

Daniel was the first born child of Phyllis Romalotti and should have ALWAYS been a conniving troublemaker. After all, he didn't have any of his goody two-shoes "dad" Danny's genes.

Archived