Who has the WORST Reputation in daytime??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim Zimmer

Didn't she refuse to take a 15% pay cut in the spring of 2005 resulting in several of her co-stars (Jerry verDorn, Marj Dusay, Beth Chamberlin, Michael O'Leary, etc.) to either be cut back to recurring or be phased off Guiding Light entirely?

Then a year later didn't she yank her son from As the World Turns after being told Luke Snyder would reveal to all that he was gay?

And then a year after that she proved that you just can't take anything she says seriously when she submitted her name for Outstanding Lead Actress at the 2007 Emmy awards. This came just one year after she said she would never submit her name again if she won at the 2006 ceremony. She won but didn't exactly keep her word. At all.

She's still considered amazing at her craft but during the middle part of the 2000's, she certainly tarnished her image and just didn't seem as classy as she was in the 1980's and 1990's.

• Members

I think most of the Y&R cast treats their job that way. I can't blame them for not pretending like they get along with everyone. Actors have egos. I don't beleive for a second any of the soap casts get along as well as they claim. It's the bitches like Muhney who go out of their way to make themselves seem like the most important asset of the show who I can't stand.

• Members

I thought she said he wanted to leave to concentrate more on his education.

I can't really blame her for other actors being fired. That was GL's choice.

MTS, probably. Braeden seems to take it personally, as evidenced by some of that Twitter rage.

• Members

Agreed. She couldn't go to them in the middle of her contract and ask for additional things (money, time off, etc).

With her son and ATWT, I think that had more to do with the fact they were going to want to use him more because it was going to be a bigger storyline and he wasn't looking to be a big actor.

• Members

I do think Zimmer said that Jake wasn't mature enough to play Luke's "coming out"; he was (I think) only 16 at the time. In retrospect, given the intense glare that put on the character, it was a wise decision. I don't think many 16 yr olds could have handled that.

I think what some saw as her dodging the issue was simply not wanting to confirm that Luke was going to come out and ruin "the surprise", even though it was running rampant all over the internet.

Archived