Who has the WORST Reputation in daytime??

• Members

I think JFP does. Not only does she have many nicknames (Bootleg Janet Woods/Show Killer) but she also has a bad rap at hiring BFF's, firing anyone over 40, Destroying all shows she touches (Hence "Show killer"). Not to mention the people she likes are instantaneously named as "FOJ's".

I still think she is the Anti-Gloria Monty (Could that be another nickname? A-GM??)

I think the runner up could be the Great Irna Phillips. Though she created the genre she was not exactly a saint.

Does anyone agree?

Who do YOU think, SON, has the worst rep. in daytime??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EP: I'm going to take the road less traveled (for me, at least) and say Ellen Wheeler, as I've never read a single good thing about her EP tenure on GL.

Media: Carolyn Hinsey, as per that old Jossip thread that opened my eyes to her behind-the-scenes shenanigans that mad her asinine "opinions" seem like a walk in the park.

Writer: Dena Higley, as her shoddy work on DAYS/OLTL has tainted her professional existence to the point where those who'd never watched either soap fear the sound of her name.

• Members

I think it's an important distinction to make. Among cast and crew, someone like Brenda Dickson for sure. She is the Lindsay Lohan/Terrell Owens of soaps. Drew audiences in her time, undeniably talented, but so toxic to work with that she is now un-hireable.

For fans, JFP without a doubt. But for cast and crew, definitely not JFP, as she keeps getting hired and praised. And some fans (myself included) see positives in her work.

The press are a bunch of whores who love/hate whoever the network brass tell them to love/hate. They've been irrelevant for so long I can't remember when they ever were relevant. When SON started it was more reputable/reliable/accurate than the Soap press. It is now universally acknowledged as such but it has always been that way.

Archived