Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Who has the WORST Reputation in daytime??

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think JFP does. Not only does she have many nicknames (Bootleg Janet Woods/Show Killer) but she also has a bad rap at hiring BFF's, firing anyone over 40, Destroying all shows she touches (Hence "Show killer"). Not to mention the people she likes are instantaneously named as "FOJ's".

I still think she is the Anti-Gloria Monty (Could that be another nickname? A-GM??)

I think the runner up could be the Great Irna Phillips. Though she created the genre she was not exactly a saint.

Does anyone agree?

Who do YOU think, SON, has the worst rep. in daytime??

#2 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Brian Frons.

#3 DAYSfreak1987

DAYSfreak1987

Recurring

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Maybe not THE worst, but Ken Corday certainly ranks up there as well.

Aside from him, I agree with JFP and Frons. MAB too.

Edited by DAYSfreak1987, 29 January 2013 - 01:37 AM.

#4 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

EP: I'm going to take the road less traveled (for me, at least) and say Ellen Wheeler, as I've never read a single good thing about her EP tenure on GL.

Media: Carolyn Hinsey, as per that old Jossip thread that opened my eyes to her behind-the-scenes shenanigans that mad her asinine "opinions" seem like a walk in the park. 

Writer: Dena Higley, as her shoddy work on DAYS/OLTL has tainted her professional existence to the point where those who'd never watched either soap fear the sound of her name.

Edited by VirginiaHamilton, 28 January 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#5 Graham

Graham

Recurring

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Worst rep among who? Fans? Cast and crew? The press?

#6 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'd say JFP because at this point she gets bashed for things other EPs do and have done frequently.

#7 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I thought this was about actors, was about to drop some stuff...oh well. ph34r.png

#8 Marco Dane

Marco Dane

Llanview's best PIMP!

• Members
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I thought this was about actors, was about to drop some stuff...oh well. ph34r.png

DROP!!!! DROP!!!!

#9 Golden Duck

Golden Duck

ENJOY THE STRIP SEARCH, RON!

• Members
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Drop it anyways Errol. LOL.

:)

IMO. It's JFP. She's a horrid old witch. Anyone who could fire a 90 year old woman without batting an eyelash. Especially after said 90 year old woman dies. Is a huge piece of [!@#$%^&*].

#10 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

HO HO HO

• Members
  • 24,613 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Goutman anyone?? MB and SB could give details....

#11 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Who has the worst reputation? Jill Farren Phelps.

Who deserves to have the worst reputation? Maria Arena Bell.

#12 juppiter

juppiter

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I think it's an important distinction to make. Among cast and crew, someone like Brenda Dickson for sure. She is the Lindsay Lohan/Terrell Owens of soaps. Drew audiences in her time, undeniably talented, but so toxic to work with that she is now un-hireable.

For fans, JFP without a doubt. But for cast and crew, definitely not JFP, as she keeps getting hired and praised. And some fans (myself included) see positives in her work.

The press are a bunch of whores who love/hate whoever the network brass tell them to love/hate. They've been irrelevant for so long I can't remember when they ever were relevant. When SON started it was more reputable/reliable/accurate than the Soap press. It is now universally acknowledged as such but it has always been that way.

#13 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Black in the Day Soapy Goodness

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

*bookmarking this thread just in case*

#14 London

London

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

You can't say that and then leave everyone hanging... I'm curious. Will a new thread specifically for actors need to be started to get you to spill the tea?

#15 allmc2008

allmc2008

Sexy and I know it!

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Sorry, I meant across the board. Actor's/Writer's/Producer's/Director's/Media People/Fans...did I miss anyone??

You can't say that and then leave everyone hanging... I'm curious. Will a new thread specifically for actors need to be started to get you to spill the tea?

*bookmarking this thread just in case*

I think it's an important distinction to make. Among cast and crew, someone like Brenda Dickson for sure. She is the Lindsay Lohan/Terrell Owens of soaps. Drew audiences in her time, undeniably talented, but so toxic to work with that she is now un-hireable.

For fans, JFP without a doubt. But for cast and crew, definitely not JFP, as she keeps getting hired and praised. And some fans (myself included) see positives in her work.

The press are a bunch of whores who love/hate whoever the network brass tell them to love/hate. They've been irrelevant for so long I can't remember when they ever were relevant. When SON started it was more reputable/reliable/accurate than the Soap press. It is now universally acknowledged as such but it has always been that way.

#16 beebs

beebs

Contract

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I'd argue that Megan McTavish has a worse rep in many ways, though Guza, Frons, Hogan Sheffer, and MAB deserve the rotten rep they've developed. I don't know who's got the worst rep. I don't think JFP's rep is 100% awful, I just think she's had moments of very cynical, artless decisions that hurt the shows more than they helped.

HA, among the press? Nellie Branco.

Edited by beebs, 29 January 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#17 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I think Eric Braeden has the worst bar none, actor wise....

As far as writer/producer I echo JFP, but I think MAB deserves it more...

#18 CSF

CSF

Classic Soap Fan

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Paul Rauch

#19 jfung79

jfung79

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Agree with Brian Frons, and it's deserved.  Never seen a single defense of him by any fan anywhere.

#20 SoapDope

SoapDope

Contract

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

There were the stories of George Reinholt and Jackie Courtney being difficult.

Eric Braeden has always gotten his way when he throws a hissy fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users