Is Y&R's 40th anniversary getting disregarded?

• Members

The only one that sticks out in my mind is the 25th.

Sad and true.

Its funny you mentioned Kay organizing it. I don't ever remember her interacting with any of the Brooks, even at Victor and Nikki's wedding.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True, I don't think she did either, but you could assume she knew of them, that's why if it was a party to celebrate like 100 + years of GC or something they would most likely invite those who had some sort of social standing. Both the Brooks and Prentiss families were well known in GC at one point. Plus a party would mean only cameo appearances and no need to awkwardly fit people into some contrived story. And a party in GC is well overdue (though not entirely sure of that since I watch so rarely these days).

• Members

Lorie Brooks was last appeared in 2002 or 2003 so she isn't *that* forgotten, besides I always say it's no different than having a random new character. Instead of putting Victor with Sharon or Sabrina, who are WAY too young for him, they could've brought back Lorie as a spoiler once Ashley had moved on. She's age appropriate and they could bring on a child for her or one of her sibling's kids (not sure if she had one). Also, she could've been in charge of Restless Style. I never understood why Nina wasn't involved at Restless Style either.

• Members

Y&R pretty much ignores it milestones. So I wouldn't expect anything big. I think a primetime special would be awesome like they did with AMC. They could bring back former stars and interview them such as William Gray Espy and Trish Stewart (Chris & Snapper). They were Y&R's first couple and the only one to stay married.

I always thought it would be nice if they brought back Brooks Prentiss for the 40th. Maybe they could concoct a story where Victoria (Heather Tom comes back) is upset by an article written in the Chronicle about Newman and goes to confront the writer. In the next scene there is a close up of a stained glass window and 70's Y&R harpsichord music starts to play and then a doorbell rings. The camera then pulls back and reveals the window is at the top of the stairs of the Brooks family home and Brooks Prentiss comes down and answers the door to Victoria. This has the two meet face to face and starts a new storyline.

Or another thing could be Jennifer Elizabeth Foster gets married and Jill and Kay got to the wedding and all the Brooks and Fosters are there.

• Members

I was just going to say -- wasn't GH's 45th anniversary some 15-second montage featuring Luke, Sonny and Jason and then a cake behind-the-scenes that Mo got to cut? wacko.png Just another effed-up "tribute" that totally bypassed anything meaningful about what GH means to its fans.

I don't have any hopes of JFP doing any Y&R anniversary justice, except possibly her personal chewtoy Kale Brown doing a voice-over at the end of a show "Thank you for watching us for 40 years" blah blah.

Soap dope I love your idea of incorporating the Brooks family back onto the show. I would love Lori back.

• Members

Great idea. Would love it if they brought on Brooks Prentiss, would be a good excuse to get more Brooks members on there for the long term. Wouldn't it be funny if 40 years later the family that started it all came back and took over the show again.

Does anyone know if Jennifer Elizabeth has ever been mentioned since 1982? I didn't see Espy or Hasselhoff when they returned briefly, but would assume maybe something was said.

Archived