Stories from personal life that can be made into a soap or soap story

• Members

For example my grandmother and her 3 sisters, who always got along, was the center of jealousy of my Great Grandmother (Grandma Me). Once, my great grandmother decided to spread rumors across the sisters and they did not speak to each other for months. I am not entirely sure what she said to them but I assume, do to her love for soaps (Just like all of us when it comes to soaps, soap history, and gossip), would say stuff like "You know, I say your sister and your husband at a hotel the other day". They eventually found and and her excuse was that she liked Drama.

My grandmother on the opposite side of the family had a fiery rage in the early years of her marriage to my grandfather. Once she wanted this new bread box and he would not buy her it so she pinned him to the ground and screamed, "Kids! Someone! Get me a Knife so I can cut your fathers head off!"

Anyway, can anyone think of stories that have soap undertones??

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a lot that has gone on in my family that is soap opera like.

When my grandmother died, her sister decided to shaft my father and his siblings out of the money and property my grandmother had left. It wasn't much, but it was enough to cause a long rift in the family.

My uncle shot his wife on a street corner in a drunken rage. Needless to say, one of his sons has never forgiven him for that, while the other one is mostly distance from the family altogether.

• Members

When my mom was pregnant with my older sister, she was given a baby shower. Two of her aunts (one was by marriage) hated each other and got into a fight at the shower resulting in the police being called. One of the aunts was married to the second aunt's brother, who was a Pentacostal minister. His congregation frequently would run up and down the aisles and speak in tongues during church services. The other aunt was hooked on prescription and non-prescription drugs. She would go to all the relatives' houses and ask for them. She always carried a hot water bottle around with her too. Her daughter would call ahead and tell us to lie and tell her we didn't have anything (even aspirin!). That aunt used to dress her son in girl's clothes when he was child. Not surprisingly, he was troubled too. He used to make up jobs and friends he never had. He once tried to kill himself by jumping out the window of a two story house. While he was in the hospital, he ordered himself some flowers and,unbeknownst to her until she received the bill, charged them to a cousin's florist account. He was very charming most of the time though, we were all crazy about him. Oh,and it was always rumored in the family that this particular aunt had a different father than her brothers and sisters (she was in the middle in a family of 9 children).

• Members

WHERE DO I BEGIN? Seriously, my life is a soap opera really is true.

The family front: My grandmas sister died in like 97 and a woman showed up that nobody knew. My grandmother was livid when she saw her though. This was her sisters daughter that nobody else knew about. Grandmas sister had an affair and got knocked up - the child was younger though than her other two children. The real kicker here is, if this is true nobody knows, she claimed to have thought this child died during birth and said thats what her husband told her. My grandmother would never confirm or deny this.

My dads dad, not his did and he has no idea to this day. Similarly, im pretty sure my brother isnt my fathers biological child and he has no idea (my brother, not my dad lol). History repeating itself? I have never asked or looked into it because I really dont care as I dont have a relationship with my brother and hes a shitty person. The reason I think that though is he looks nothing like anyone or acts anything like anyone on my fathers side and his side tends to dominate everyone born into the family. Furthermore im pretty sure my fathers biological father is an old family friend whos sons and grandkids go to the bar I go to.

My great grandmother left her first husband for his bestfriend in like 1950. Her husband hated going out and would actually give his bstfriend money to take my great grandmother out to dinner and dancing. Bet he regretted that later..

On my moms side, her dad was a con-man. Really. he was wanted in like 16 states when he died and nobody knows what his real name is.

Then there is my romantic life... full of secret relationships with boys in the closet, affairs, knocking two girls up, hooking up with a guy one night only to find out he just started dating my bestfriend earlier that week. once i cheated on my girlfriend with her brother and their father walked in on us in the shower. This past summer I had a really fun fling with a great guy then went with a new friend to a party and ran into him - with his wife. I slept with my ex boyfriends girlfriend just to get back at him. once i dated a guy, who had an on/off relationship with a girl, who was sleeping with my roomates, whos exgirlfriend was also this girls girl on the side - it was like a bisexual love circle of sorts. my first love was my bestfriend and i didnt even realize I was in love with him until we were drunk in vegas and he said he loved me - we didnt speak the enxt day and that ride home was awful and we didnt talk again for months until we tried it again, and again, and again and it only stopped because my bestfriend told me one day after running into him "he is toxic to your life. stop" oh and i use to sleep with my manager at my old job.

and my friendships... i do not even have time to get into those disasters.

• 4 months later...

Archived