Actors/Actresses who could assume existing roles on other soaps

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's hard to imagine another soap actor in the role of Victor Newman, large in part because of Eric Braeden's accent. If we get beyond that, I can imagine Michael Zaslow or Michael Nader pulling off the dark, brooding, intensely soft-spoken energy Braeden brings to the role. Braeden's Victor is an icon, so it would certainly be a serious departure. Perhaps temporary recasts at best. Similarly, I can see Braeden and Nader in the role of Roger Thorpe (I'm thinking of that famous picture of filthy Roger holding Holly hostage with the pistol, imagining Braeden and Nader's faces in place of Zaslow's). OTOH, I have a harder time imagining Braeden or Zaslow as Nader's Dimitri Marick. I can't see Braeden pulling off the warmth and approachability, and Zaslow's hypothetical version seems a little too David Renaldi light. I should add that there were spumors in the past about Nader as Victor or Roger.

David Canary could have played Roger Thorpe (would have loved to have seen Canary and McKinsey), Michael Zaslow could have played Adam and Stuart Chandler (would have loved to have seen Zaslow and Lucci).

I wouldn't have guessed it from her Clarissa McCandless alone, but after seeing her Helena Cassadine, Constance Towers could have seamlessly ended Capitol on Friday and started as B&B's Stephanie Forrester on Monday. I prefer her as Helena to a hypothetical Stephanie recast, and I do believe that they gave Susan Flannery a queen's sendoff, but maybe Towers (at least recurring?) as Stephanie wouldn't have been a horrible idea. I've read that she auditioned for the role of Pam.

Years before there was a Mary Smythe, I thought Anna Stuart would be a fitting temp for Susan Lucci if she ever fell ill, God forbid.

• Members

Robin Strasser could never play Erica. She is too old, not petty enough and not glamorous enough. I could sooner see Leanne Hunley playing a de-aged Erica. I could also see Leann playing Lucy Coe on GH. Ty Treadway could be a de-aged Jimmy Lee Holt effortlessly, but I could also see him playing Kevin Buchanan on OLTL, Tom Hardy on GH, and AJ Quartermaine as well.

Archived