Your LEAST Favorite Opening Sequences

• Members

I'm pretty sure that Francesco Quinn guy played the villain Syed Ali in a season of "24." Totally random but I wasn't aware he was a soaper.

EDIT: I had no idea Quinn died! Sad. :(

And UGH, I forget Scott Reeves has been around so long. Thank GOD GH finally got rid of him. BEGONEYANASTY. BYEBITCH.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And then there was the one with the hands. So. Many. Hands. I hope Howie Mandel wasn't a GUIDING LIGHT fan, because this particular open would have driven his OCD ass up the damn wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=D9ZnbeCcIbY

Tell me, too, I'm not the only one who yelled "SUPERMAN!" after the beam of light and everyone got through rattling off all those buzz words.

• Members

It lacks charm like the ones from 1990-1994, 2002-2004, 2004-2010, and 2010-the end.

Even the book was better.

Also. dear God, that GL opening from 2007 is horrid. Glad I wasn't watching then.

It links to the Hold On To Love (Iconic opening for me) one with Vincent Irrizary in it though. I keep forgetting he was ever on there. I watched in the 1990s and I still only remember that man as Dr. Dave.

• Members

That's funny that you mentioned this one. I've never known how to feel about this one. I essentially feel nothing for it. It has its merits (I like the incorporation of the locations/items) but the massive, engulfing whiteness with the tiny accompanying photos that don't compliment it...I don't know, I don't like it very much visually and the music to me is horrid.

• Members

Others might disagree, but I felt the warm-and-cozy tone of this particular opening to be deceiving. You think you're getting a nice, down-to-earth soap opera about everyday folk. Then, you actually watch the show, and you see voodoo priestesses, boutique owners who could pass for Mrs. Santa Claus, and Erica Kane in "Valley of the Dolls." Among other things.

• Members

I don't mind the message so much, though. Incorporating the show's original epigram was a smart touch, especially in light of the 70th anniversary. Instead of the disembodied hands, though, how about just showing a montage of clips from recent and current episodes that (hopefully) the show's overall message? It's GUIDING LIGHT, after all, not Hands Across America.

• Members

That's why I loved the "classic" AMC opening from the '80's. No matter where the show was tonally, whether everything was relatively innocent or increasingly more melodramatic, the opening sequence with its simple image (a hand opening a photo album) and theme music fit smoothly and evoked what TPTB had hoped the audience would take away from watching the show, regardless of storylines. (Same goes, by the way, for DAYS' openings.)

Archived