Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

What a Cluttered Mess...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

1305cover520w.jpg

I have nothing else to say, right now...

#2 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

laugh.png

Why in the hell are the pictures tilted?

Sonny and Tracy would never be a couple they are so stupid with the false, misleading covers mellow.png

Edited by Eric83, 18 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#3 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Red is Not Here for Your [!@#$%^&*].

• Members
  • 12,829 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Kill me for saying it but I wouldn't mind a Sonny and Tracy pairing so long as Tracy was manipulating him and winds up leaving him with nothing

#4 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,956 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

That cover is way too cluttered, and Kirsten Storms looks AWFUL

#5 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

I's married now!

• Members
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I agree. Did they really have to advertise every GH story then give the other soaps a small corner?

#6 MissLlanviewPA

MissLlanviewPA

Gabrielle Medina Forever!

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can't be the only one who initially thought of a certain other thread when they saw the title wink.png .

#7 AdelaideCate007

AdelaideCate007

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can't be the only one who initially thought of a certain other thread when they saw the title wink.png .

Nope LOL

That cover is hideous. 

#8 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I agree. Did they really have to advertise every GH story then give the other soaps a small corner?

It's supposed to be ABC SID but they include the other soaps since AMC and OLTL got canceled. CBS and ABC SID should just combine at this point.

I thought it was about the Prospect Park thread too.

#9 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I love that photo of Kirsten and I want to see the tribute to Sami. That's the old good thing I have to say lol

#10 Errol

Errol

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

laugh.png

Why in the hell are the pictures tilted?

Sonny and Tracy would never be a couple they are so stupid with the false, misleading covers mellow.png

Blame Alison Sweeney! Her smidgen of space forced everything above her to be tilted. Of course, the mag would have still looked like crap without that part. I wish ABC/CBS Soaps in Depth would just become "Soaps in Depth" and be done with it. With only 4 soaps on, 2 on CBS and 1 on ABC and 1 on NBC, why bother publishing two separate magazines? It's not like you only publish one distinct issue a month for ABC or CBS, so publish every week to get people to bother buying your mag to begin with. 

#11 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

I's married now!

• Members
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

It's supposed to be ABC SID but they include the other soaps since AMC and OLTL got canceled. CBS and ABC SID should just combine at this point.

I thought it was about the Prospect Park thread too.

I agree. I think the cover would have been slightly better if they just advertised General Hospital rather than the other soaps too. The cover is just too busy.

#12 Errol

Errol

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I agree. I think the cover would have been slightly better if they just advertised General Hospital rather than the other soaps too. The cover is just too busy.

What's funny is the only soap that didn't get a mention (technically) was Y&R, although that is the soap Steve is joining. I hate when you tease your audience with misleading titles. That does not entice them to buy your mag!!!! Get that through your dumb ass heads. Digest is no better with their tacky as hell "Your #1 Soap Source" tagline under their "iconic" logo. It annoys the hell out of me and makes me wonder how Pixieized the mag became. These mags need overhauls and new blood. The daytime genre may be getting out of near death, but that doesn't mean you have to stay the status quo and be lazy about it. When I see news on the cover and it's based on a Twitter post, I know your shit stinks and you need to be out of the business. I can write about a Twitter post, YOU (they) can't. That's just damn lazy and f'ing pathetic!

#13 Rakesh

Rakesh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I wish ABC/CBS Soaps in Depth would just become "Soaps in Depth" and be done with it. With only 4 soaps on, 2 on CBS and 1 on ABC and 1 on NBC, why bother publishing two separate magazines? It's not like you only publish one distinct issue a month for ABC or CBS, so publish every week to get people to bother buying your mag to begin with. 

SOD will get a heart attack. But I agree with your point though.

#14 Errol

Errol

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

That cover is way too cluttered, and Kirsten Storms looks AWFUL

I agree (obviously), but disagree. Kirsten looks fabulous in a Real Housewives of Hollywood kind of way. Otherwise, for the purpose of the story, she looks stupid. They should have used a pic of MAXIE, not Kirsten. You know what I mean, people.

#15 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

NOT. AT. ALL.

#16 Errol

Errol

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

SOD will get a heart attack. But I agree with your point though.

While I like Stephanie and think she's cool, sometimes one works best while under siege/threat...she'll get over it. 

NOT. AT. ALL.

I'm lost. What thread?

#17 Eric83

Eric83

SLAYONCE

• Members
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

While I like Stephanie and think she's cool, sometimes one works best while under siege/threat...she'll get over it. 

I'm lost. What thread?

Prospect Park thread

#18 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,405 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm lost. What thread?

The Prospect Park Holiday Miracle one LOL

Ps, WTF, since when is Burton 'returning' to Y&R? Returning to TV I guess. Terrible.

Edited by alexisfan07, 18 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#19 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,956 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

What's funny is the only soap that didn't get a mention (technically) was Y&R, although that is the soap Steve is joining. I hate when you tease your audience with misleading titles. That does not entice them to buy your mag!!!! Get that through your dumb ass heads. Digest is no better with their tacky as hell "Your #1 Soap Source" tagline under their "iconic" logo. It annoys the hell out of me and makes me wonder how Pixieized the mag became. These mags need overhauls and new blood. The daytime genre may be getting out of near death, but that doesn't mean you have to stay the status quo and be lazy about it. When I see news on the cover and it's based on a Twitter post, I know your [!@#$%^&*] stinks and you need to be out of the business. I can write about a Twitter post, YOU (they) can't. That's just damn lazy and f'ing pathetic!

Errol that's about the only way SOD gets any kind of actual scoop anymore lol

#20 Golden Duck

Golden Duck

GO TO JAIL, RON!

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Dare I say that Sonny and Tracy would be hot. I mean. She was so hot with Joe Jr. Why not give Sonny a good banging?

I mean. At least she cannot get pregnant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users