Y&R: Burton explains his return TV

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's too soon to say Redaric has been successful considering how much screentime he has. I do love him though (and that he follows me on Twitter!). I think the new black actors are good, but like DeeeDee, I don't have faith they'll be treated fairly long term. I still don't understand why they keep wasting Devon, yet keep him. I truly believe with screentime, an actual story and Tatyana Ali on contract that Roxy & Devon could be a popular couple. Throw in Chloe as the other woman and you could spark some life into her and actually have a good triangle.

As for Burton, I look forward to seeing him smile and dress differently. He looks cuter when he smiles, I was surprised by that. Still, we all know this is BS. I strongly believe he left GH because he was upset he was no longer Queen Bee. Considering how GH films, they could've worked around his schedule easily. I believe it was a diva exit, hence why he doesn't go into details. Now that I'm over the initial stunt casting, I look forward to seeing if this can work. I hope he isn't shoved down our throats like Avery has been. I always hated Avery until Josh Griffith started writing, then I fell in love...for a hot minute. They quickly burned me out on her when she started appearing everyday and being propped. They should've been confident that they were writing her well and that the audience would respond accordingly. Turning her overnight into the Y&R leading lady ruined her for me.

• Members

I was judging more based on what Valentini did on OLTL, where he'd often have actors come in and shoot months of scenes and have them inserted into episodes wherever they needed to go. I could easily see him doing something like that with Burton if that was truly all he wanted.

Archived