GH, GL, ATWT, SB- Brand NEW INTERVIEW with BRIDGET DOBSON!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking of the Dobsons and GL, I've seen bits and pieces of their work on it over the years - particularly stuff from the byzantine Marler/Spaulding Phillip story - but if anyone feels like directing me to a classic example of their run on YT, I'd love to see it.

• Members

Video sets:

http://www.youtube.com/user/classicGL

Mountains

Wanted Man

Certain Rights

A Friend Indeed

Cost of Silence

In the Interests of the Child

The Homecoming

Many of these involve Roger raping Holly and the aftermath of that. Fantastic stuff.

You can find some detailed writeups for those here.

http://www.glmemories.blogspot.com/

This is a full episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF7kCQDO9Q

• Members

Ron, you do this purposely EVERYWHERE, but you have done it in EVERY SB thread that I've posted in the past 2 months. How would you like it if I came in and tried to derail and hijack EVERY ATWT thread YOU posted? We used to be friends, but your behavior on SON this year has been both erratic and revolting.

• Members

Ohhh-kaay, I didn't mention anything about SB, other then admitting that I didn't get it, which doesnt make it bad, just not my cup of tea. However, I can bitch about an "artist," who seems a bit deluded and came onto my show, repeating the stories she just told on its sister soap (Annie/Brad/Dee/John is just Rita/Ed/Holly/Roger, marital rape, a meglomaniac villian) tho in a diluted form, and totally changed the fabric of a soap. Kind of like how you probably hated Pam Long coming on to SB and making it like GL....I didn't like Bridge and Jer coming on and trying to change ATWT...though I do think it funny to picture good old Bridge sittting at home and bitching about how Long has changed her "vision," of the show. Before this interview I thought she was just a writer I didnt like but now I can see she seems like a truly unpleasent person so I can imagine she would have been a pain to deal with, and not just in a "artistic integrity," kind of way, but a, "get that bitch," kind of way.

As for the creativity and artistry of a letter from a sign killing someone...uh, okay.

Wow, am I sorry I came to visit this nutball train!!! LOL!

• Members

Mitch, even though it wasn't classic ATWT, did you think they accomplished their mandate at ATWT? To "update it" and bring in a more modern flavour?

I would love to see much more of their GL than is available, I think that would have been my favourite GL era (had I been alive to see it). I don't know if it's necessarily an unpopular opinion, but I think I would have been more attached and interested on their take on GL, than with Doug Marland's.

• Members

I don't think they did on their first go around. The show was just uh, morose then. I do think they accomplished more on their second, which, as I said above before things got a bit looney on here, that I actually thought was enteraining though I was in high school at that time. I don't know how much was them and how much was the producers' input. I didnt like a lot of their casting choices (I though the McColl family was good but the actor who played Whit was gross) and the Dee replacement was bad. But I got what they were trying to do...( I thought Fulton was nuts, they built a whole family around her, and tried to have a bickering relationship with her and Whit..) I just dont think they needed to rip the Hughes family apart to do it.

My question was, (again before the crazy train pulled into the station) is why their GL was so good and they kept the core of the Bauers, etc, but seemed to hate ATWT's core. I don't know if it was because the Bauers were always a bit more neurotic and troubled then the Hughes family, but I would love to ask her.

Despite it all I think she would be a very interesting and intelligent woman...though I am sure one you would have to sit back and let do all the talking!

• Members

Same. I don't take away any of her and her husband's accomplishments. At the end of the day, though, you need to be able to get along with the people you work with, regardless of how talented they are, and especially in a high-pressure industry like soaps.

• Members

Oh my God...I totally forgot about the Laura Wright fan. I wonder what people like her and a couple of GUSH freaks are obsessing about these days.

Of course lets not forget the BC/Richard fan who got his by a car as she was so "worried," about Richard dying that she walked right in front of it!

Archived