GH, GL, ATWT, SB- Brand NEW INTERVIEW with BRIDGET DOBSON!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ill answer this, and i say this as someone whos always liked you and gotten along with you as far as I can remember here, but its because whenever anyone points anything bad or disagrees about SB being the greatest you kind of lose it on them. I get that you love it and think its brilliant and the best, but in this thread the comments about it, to me, seemed to be critical but not mean or anything. I am guilty of the same with many eras of DAYS, so i get it.

• Members

I can't help it. It's my favorite show of ALL-TIME, daytime or primetime. And it was cut short, ended terribly, and had little-to-no resolution for some MAJOR characters (like Cruz & Eden) who were no longer on the show and some of the ones that were (like Kelly & Gina) were written so out of character that they were unrecognizable at the end. It didn't have to be that way.

So yeah, I'm passionate about it, but COME ON. You can NOT tell me that Ron (aka Soapsuds) was not jumping in this thread PURELY to spread his brand of negativity, just like he does in the 'AMC,' 'OLTL,' 'DAYS,' and 'Y&R' threads. We get it, Ron. You're a miserable person who wants nothing more than company. But for GOD'S sakes, can't the MODS do anything about this? It's not like this is an isolated incident- Ron has been doing this on here for YEARS and has been banned for it in the past.

I'd say it's borderline crazy, except he crossed that line a couple of years ago IMO.

ETA: And please don't bother to come in here and post that I should put Ron on "Ignore." I shouldn't have to do that with anyone and I never have here. I let everyone have their say, but I will speak up whether I agree or disagree with someone and as Carl said, my posts are mostly fair and rarely Rant-Like and Negative.

The other problem I have is that the people who speak out against SB NEVER WATCHED THE SHOW. Hell, half of them weren't alive or were in diapers while it was airing, so who are they to comment? They're just trying to burst my bubble and get a rise out of me and frankly, it's annoying.

You don't see me going into the ATWT & GL threads saying they were the 2 MOST BORING shows in HISTORY, do you? No, because though I may have felt that way from 1982-2000 (ATWT) or 1982-2009 (GL), I wasn't a regular viewer and I'm not the type to burst into threads just to rain on fans of other soaps parades. I have better and more important things to do with my time, unlike some people here.

• Members

Thanks for posting that interview. My negativity will be directed towards the Dobson's and not to you for posting or liking SB.

Interesting interview and she sounds like she is a real pain in the ass and a bit full of herself. I would have to say her writing skills havent improved through the years ("Unleashed the dragon???")

Never got into SB and realize that it is a niche show and its too bad niche shows can't survive. They really got GL but did not in any way shape or form get ATWT. I would love to have someone ask her what went on there. The second half of their short ATWT was better but still "not," ATWT, but it was bouncy, fun, kind of goofy and watchable, they just tore out the family part of ATWT which made it ATWT. The first ATWT was morose and boring and I wondef if that had more to do with their different producers impacting the show and their material.

Anyway, reading this interview made me, for the first time feel sorry for the network suits who had to deal with this kind of "creative talent,' which seems to have its head stuck up its ass!

• Members

To go back to yesterday - my comments were to Paul Raven, not juniorz, but I also get along with juniorz and I can understand the passion for SB. I agree with you of what I've seen of the Dobsons' run on the show - once they worked out the kinks, it's damn good soap.

I think that some of us, like Y&RWT and myself, are/were hardcore GL fans, so that jumped out at us. I honestly don't think Y&RWT was trying to mock the interview or Santa Barbara. I think he just had his opinion on the show and then obviously everything got heated, or whatever.

Archived