Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Favorite Behind-the-Scenes Rumors

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Quick, y'all, before they shut down the thread!  :P

#2 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,593 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I would have enjoyed being a fly on the wall during AMC's reported early 80s dressing room cocaine epidemic...  :)

#3 mickeymouse

mickeymouse

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I would have enjoyed being a fly on the wall during AMC's reported early 80s dressing room cocaine epidemic...  smile.png

What was that about?

#4 yr9190

yr9190

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

and i would have loved to been a fly on the wall at the Y&R set in the early 90's biggrin.png

#5 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,999 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

and i would have loved to been a fly on the wall at the Y&R set in the early 90's biggrin.png

i think people would want to be one on the set now. Y&R has apparently been a mess behind the scenes for quite some time. Too many divas and divos there who really ain't chit

#6 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Wait do we not do behind the scenes talk on this board? 

#7 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 39,999 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Wait do we not do behind the scenes talk on this board? 

this type of thread has gotten closed several times its been done in the past. I'm guessing unconfounded rumors can be considered libel/slanderous? It's why people aren't surprised if this gets shutdown

Edited by Cheap21, 14 January 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#8 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,593 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

What was that about?

Oh there's just been a lot of gossip that coke became a real problem (I *think* more with the younger actors) on AMC in the early 80s--I think when the new EP came in (Babbin?) she put her foot down.  But this may have not just been an AMC prob--the same era in New York is infamous for cocaine use being a problem on the job at Broadway shows--I've heard particular anecdotes about A Chorus Line (how anyone could do an intensely dance heavy show on cocaine is beyond me)--so much so that the producers had to bring in the actors union who had to basically school the cast and lay down hard rules that people would be instantly fired if they were found to be using during work, etc. 

this type of thread has gotten closed several times its been done in the past. I'm guessing unconfounded rumors can be considered libel/slanderous? It's why people aren't surprised if this gets shutdown

You can always go to Datalounge which is nothing *but* rumours... tongue.png

Edited by EricMontreal22, 14 January 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#9 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't know what makes soap stars exempt from gossip though.  I remember TWop used to have that huge thread full of backstage talk years ago and daytime royalty had one before it disappeared. 

#10 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would have enjoyed being a fly on the wall during AMC's reported early 80s dressing room cocaine epidemic...  smile.png

Hell, I would have liked to have been a fly on the coke. *SNORT!/TWEAK!*

#11 Nothin'ButAttitude

Nothin'ButAttitude

Through this journey of discovery....

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Mine would be the "alleged" affair between Missy Reeves and Jason Brooks on DAYS.

#12 frequentsoapfan

frequentsoapfan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

A much talked about discussion in Y&R gossip lately is who BM is currently sleeping with. 

#13 Khan

Khan

"May I use your telephone?"

• Members
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

To this day, I have a soft spot in my heart for all the many variations on the "Guess Who's Doin' Who Behind the Dumpsters at GH" rumor (courtesy of Datalounge, of course).  Depending on who you ask, it was either Stephen Martines and Jacob Young, Tyler Christopher and somebody (forget who), Steve Burton and somebody (forget who), Greg Vaughn and somebody (I think the girl who played Summer?), Cynthia Preston (ex-Faith) and Wally Kurth, Greg Vaughn and somebody else, Mo B and whoever was/is his "leading lady" at the moment.... As I've said, there are so many variations.  ;)

#14 SFK

SFK

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

My favorite from the TWoP thread was the one about the young, blonde starlet Paul Rauch was boning and ultimately fired.  Allegedly, one morning in the makeup room, Robin Strasser said to the teary girl, "Honey, if I had to eat [Rauch's] dick for lunch every day, I'd own half the show by now."

#15 Golden Duck

Golden Duck

GO TO JAIL, RON!

• Members
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

^Now I'm really wondering who that is.

Since I didn't watch much during the Rauch days.

#16 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,884 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

I would want to see the Super Punch Out era with Susan Seaforth Hayes and that singing woman, I can never remember her name. Jeri Clayton (the character name).

#17 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

To this day, I have a soft spot in my heart for all the many variations on the "Guess Who's Doin' Who Behind the Dumpsters at GH" rumor (courtesy of Datalounge, of course).  Depending on who you ask, it was either Stephen Martines and Jacob Young, Tyler Christopher and somebody (forget who), Steve Burton and somebody (forget who), Greg Vaughn and somebody (I think the girl who played Summer?), Cynthia Preston (ex-Faith) and Wally Kurth, Greg Vaughn and somebody else, Mo B and whoever was/is his "leading lady" at the moment.... As I've said, there are so many variations.  wink.png

Those bring back a lot of memories. John Ingle always knew who was doing who in the GH parking lot. While I never heard the ones in regards to Cynthia & Wally and Mo & whoever, I've heard detailed stories about all the other ones.  

#18 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Or Susan Hayes and Brenda Benet arguments. Who had the beef with Gloria Loring on the set?

#19 MrQuartermaine

MrQuartermaine

Contract

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I would want to see the Super Punch Out era with Susan Seaforth Hayes and that singing woman, I can never remember her name. Jeri Clayton (the character name).

Or Susan Hayes and Brenda Benet arguments. Who had the beef with Gloria Loring on the set?

If you read Bill & Susan Hayes' memoir, Susan's pretty open and honest about her behind the scenes feuds and feeling somewhat regret in regards Brenda's suicide.

#20 Mr. Vixen

Mr. Vixen

Red is Not Here for Your [!@#$%^&*].

• Members
  • 12,899 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

The thought of Coltin Scott and Jacob Young [!@#$%^&*] is kind of hot even to me LOL and you know Jacob bottomed

Edited by SoapBoy94, 14 January 2013 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users