Billy Magnussen making a name for himself

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

"Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" moved to Broadway a couple of weeks ago and I got to see it tonight. Billy Magnussen certainly looks good and shows it off but he also pulls off comedy very well and more than holds his own (not quite literally!) in a strong cast. The reviews are mostly very good for both him and the show so I expect more doors will open for him.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

He should be a template for the other soap actors. I think the theater came first, which got him the attention of the TV show, then he was good enough to get a Tony nom, and that probably gave him the cred to be cast in this. Soap stars need to leave soaps while they are young lest they wind up like Tony Geary: playing the same role their entire life. That play BM did was crucial to his career obviously.

• Members

Agreed but of course Geary gets to go Amsterdam every year for vacations..hmmmm...of course he could spend his entire time there if he werent on GH.....you know its his vacation time when they start writing for him and then give him some fatal disease or disappearance...lame..and very tedious....and just annoying....

Did you get to see Billy in Boardwalk Empire??

• Members

Our William also has a nice supporting part in the new Brit Marling thriller The East, which is worth a watch. In a rare change of pace, he is not naked in the film.

I just fear that his impending stardom will lead to a serious decrease in his full frontal nudity.

Archived