Worst Soap Stan Wars of all Time?

• Members

I never posted at Mediadomain, as its reputation was so bad even in the early, early 2000s; I only went there to look at the insanity. And it was insane. [!@#$%^&*] stupidest place I have ever seen in my life. And there was always that open-mouthed little bitch in the picture gawking at you in the stock "discuss the soap operas!" picture whenever you arrived at the site. She drove me nuts.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, they try to pretend like that never happened now. I'm sure not all of them thought that way, but some did. It was the culmination of a period where the groupthink for some of those people was that if you ever said anything against Evangeline you were racist, and that there had never been any worthwhile black characters on OLTL ever before.

The ABC.com boards and Mediadomain were pretty much the go-to spots for a number of years if you wanted to see the craziest people in soaps. But the ABC boards were always such an eyesore, I never knew where anyone was actually able to post anything. It was a nightmare of design.

• Members

OLTL also had some type of mess in the dying days of the pre-Internet (broad use of the Internet) where Roy Thinnes got threats or something, and some blamed Clint Ritchie fans, or something. I don't know. It was a mess. I remember people talking about it years later.

Weren't they urine yellow? (or was that just those ads)

The thread design at Mediadomain, the collapse type, is what used to confuse me. Most major boards dumped that a long time ago.

• Members

I think I remember the name of the writer, but I'm not going to say it. They were on staff at GH a very long time, I'm not sure if they still are. I don't remember if the S&Cers' access was supposed to be through her, or Benard, or multiple sources but this was in 2002-2003 and they were riding high - prior to that, they'd first gotten real access after MB reached out to the fans in a big way when JFP came aboard and tried to kill off Carly and force the Angel storyline in 2001, with McTavish. The arrival of Ted King as Lorenzo really undid them for good, and Tamara Braun became the enemy after that too, since she wanted the pairing with King.

• Members

Twitter has shown just how nasty fans are...when you have a fan of one character retweeting the actress of the other character something that the actress said making the two actresses argue via twitter....just ridiculous...and this was a few months ago. LOL.

• Members

I can't say that I was a fan of Manny during the NSA years (a.k.a.: the only Michelle I saw), but I've been meaning to look BJL/G up to compare (and hopefully discover a great pairing there).

Thanks for reminding me about Casey and Ally. Admittedly, I wasn't as heavy into Loving as I was into AMC/OLTL/GH back then, but I do remember a bit about them. I didn't know that he'd OD, though...sad.png

I didn't really mind BC in general, but I can't think of a single time that he'd ever generated any romantic chemistry with his leading lady - or maybe it's my Cassie/Edmund bias rearing its head...

• Members

I remember some of that - I think the punch killed a lot of the Todd/Tea momentum though. It felt that way to me at the time.

There was some Jason/Carly vs Jason/Robin acrimony to, but never to a huge degree.

Oddly enough I never saw big Sonny/Brenda vs. Jax/Brenda feuding. I might have just missed it. I swear 60 to 70% of posts I'd see back then revolved around people hating Katherine Bell and wanting her to die.

• Members

Yeah...there was racism going on...I still can't beleive some of the things the Joliers said about REG/Evangeline. And the JoVanners assumed that many of the Joliers were racist...but really, how can you argue with them when there was so much stuff coming from the Joliers camp. When they finally killed Evangeline off, someone wrote on ME's facebook page that OLTL had "finally killed John's ghetto POA"...

• Members

I was never a big Manny fan but I thought BJL was much more lively and had more chemistry with Paul. NSA just seemed like an old woman in a youngish woman's body.

There are a lot of Casey/Ally clips on Youtube.

I liked Richard/Cassie, I liked the old world feel of their relationship, but I hated Jeffrey. Cassie/Edmund were a lot better, and also very mature. On paper the pairing was very questionable but they made it work.

Archived