DAYS Renewed through 2014!

• Members

Now Get rid of TomSell, move Jennifer out of Alice's house, get Sherri Anderson back with Lorraine Broderick as her Co. (Since they like the Co writers theme), get Bill, Julie, Doug, and/or Marie living in the family home, kill Daniel in a toxic breakout in the hospital, and it will all be beautiful......after Neil Curtis returns for Maggie.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's probably not making mid 90's money, but NBC is getting some return on airing it. And isn't each show like 35 minutes give or take, which means the show has 25 minutes of commercials. If you could find out what Days charges for a 30 second commercial, then you would know for sure how much the show makes.

I would assume that Sony and Corday make back their investment with foreign sales.

• Members

Salem Place had palm trees sometimes :)

As for the profit, we will likely never know but i think its afe to assume NBC turns a nice profit. They actually do promote it in primetime and NBC does do a lot of the press for the show, the fan events, etc... It isnt like they pay the fee, air the show, collect a little cash and move on. They are invested, further proof of that is in how they mess with the show behind the scenes and are involved.

• Members

If DAYS' budget were to be slashed anymore, Angelina Jolie would adopt it.

I absolutely LOVE that DAYS is the little engine that could and I love that it's getting another year. That said they have squandered every single second chance and I hate that it looks like they are gonna squander this one as well.

• Members

That's the saddest part about this development. Ken Corday, Steve Kent, NBC and everyone else involved should look at this latest renewal not as a pat on their backs. Instead, they should realize they're getting by (again) on the skin of their teeth, and they should do something about it. Chances are, though, they won't.

• Members

He's got it all figured out, Khan. Ken Corday knows what you really want.

NEXT: Jennifer, Daniel, Abby and Chad go in search of Jack Devereaux - could he be alive? Yes, Jack is revealed to be a prisoner of those damn DiMeras, but - his injuries have left him...less than a man. In her heart, Jennifer knows she could never love pathetic eunuch Jack again, but she agrees to renew their marital vows as he has developed black lung disease, while Daniel looks on, hairy and helpless, shaking his beautiful, beautiful bangs. Will Daniel and Jennifer's passion win out, or will he fall for the unlikeliest of new patients - Kayla?

Tune in next year as Kayla goes insane and inseminates herself with Daniel's change-of-life baby to keep him from going back to Jenn, and Jack is tragically ripped apart by crocodiles at the Salem Zoo before teenaged Isaac and Jack Jr.'s terrified but shirtless eyes.

Archived