GH: Lucy/John/Sam/Duke spoilers from TV Guide

• Members

On January 14th Lucy will drop by Kelly's and see John and scream "Caleb" and go into full slayer mode and stabs John, he's rushed to the hospital and she gets taken to the slammer

Things get even more freaky when Lucy sees Sam coming out of the ladies room and thinks she's Livvie and things get even freakier when Duke visits Lucy in jail

Carlivati says this is no quick gimmick. It will kick off a nice little mystery story: is Lucy going crazy, or is there something very real going on here? and if she's crazy, why do John and Sam feel like they've met before?

Lynn Herring says PC was ahead of it's time and this is a nice nod to the fans who supported all those wild chances the show took. She loves that GH is taking chances and not side stepping the past. If Lucy and John had met up and she didn't recognize him they'd be flooded with complaints

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing against Lynn, as I love her as Lucy, but PC was very much of it's time, and frankly was dated even then.

I also think they may use this to trash Duke and push Anna/Luke, since they love this pairing even though I have seen a whopping ZERO fans. ZERO.

I just wish she'd put John in a coma for a long while.

• Members

If they want to honor PC I wish they'd bring Nolan North on as Chris, but then, someone said he didn't look fondly on his soap years, so perhaps not. Still thought he was hot...

It's not fair for Lucy to be arrested for this when no one else in PC pays for anything. Just frame Connie. If it doesn't stick, convict her for crimes against acting.

• Members

Years ago, SOD complained about crossover issues with Loving, as you had Jeremy, or Angie, yet they cast Susan Pratt (Barbara on AMC) in a totally different role, and why weren't Angie and Jeremy going up to her and saying, "Is that you Barbara?"

I don't know. It just sounds like more bad fanfic. When I read stuff like this I expect to hear that Jason's long-lost, 18 year old daughter Briana will show up and kick ass for the mob. Or that Todd will get pregnant.

• Members

I don't know. It's situations like this that they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. I guess at least they're gonna have fun with it, as ridiculous as it all is. To me it's so he can prove how clever he is, nothing more.

I do like the visual I have of Lucy freaking out and stabbing John so I'm kinda down for that part.

I bet they're mentioning Sam/Livvie for a reason.

• Members

I don't think there was going to be a hailstorm of fan anger if they didn't say Lucy thought John was Caleb. I think most fans would have been fine with it, and most GH fans likely never even watched PC, especially by the time Michael Easton was there.

A joke wouldn't bother me, but the idea that these are supposed to all be similar characters and have these mystical ties, it just makes little sense to me, in a storytelling way. John and Sam barely know each other and their relationship so far has seemed forced and a little sleazy, so why focus on psychic friends? And Duke has barely been back but he's already going to be put into a second dual identity story? Why?

Archived