Sets You Miss and Wish They Would Bring Back

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, days tends to use public sets - HTS, pub, hospital, coffe shop - or sets of places were multiple people live/visist - dimansion, kiriakis mansion, alices house, samis house. we also see gabis bedroom at the pub a lot, and sonnys apartment sometimes. thats about it, for the most part.

• Members

Thank goodness Days changed their mind about ditching the Horton House.

It's interesting to look back at early episodes and see how it was modified over the years (for the worse)Tom used to have a den and there was a front porch and dining room.To me it was one of the best 'core family' homes. I read that it was actually a set built for a nightime pilot and it showed in the detail and floor plan.

Some of these sets are as much characters as the people on the show.

• Members

Well, the HTS is a shopping mall but its enclosed with a retractable roof (really) so their are benches/chairs around and then some odd configuration of sofas popped up off to the side and then we found out its like a nightclub. Its all very odd and contrived but its days so ya just accept it or itll drive you mad.

• Members

Not that i miss it and want it back but when Y&R introduced the Athletic Club they had that weird rooftop(?) pool area where business meetings took place while bikini babes frolicked around.

Also the break room was introduced at Newman.

Wonder why newish sets are dropped-surely a waste of precious $$$$

Archived