Thomas Gibson (former Derek-ATWT, Dharma & Greg, Criminal Minds arrested for DUI

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my goodness, I remember watching the original Tales of the City production on PBS! I was a tweenager (we used to be called adolescents back then) so, I kind of had to sneak and watch it (lol). Irrespective of the Reagan years, PBS was like pay dirt in the late 80s/early 90s. I can remember seeing lots of foreign films with nudity and simulated sex scenes on that channel! And all in the name of art. Quite an awakening to a bookish tweenage/teenage girl.

• Members

Ha I was 13 when City aired--I remember flipping through PBS and seeing twomen inbed and I was hooked, but I kinda watched it and other things secretly on PBS. But yeah PBS used to be much more compelling then--lots more filmed theatre, etc, as well--theytook more risks. Now it tends to largely beinformation shows (lectures on health, etc) and safe arts programming like Josh Grobin concerts...

Iknow it's been said that often he wasn't taken serious because of his pretty boy looks--when given great material like on Once and Again he did show he had talent (of course that show had a rear nude shot of him back when ABC was experimenting with that...)

Archived