Thomas Gibson (former Derek-ATWT, Dharma & Greg, Criminal Minds arrested for DUI

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember him from ATWT too where he played Lily's husband and you knew it was a matter of time before she dumped him and went back to Holden (although admittedly I was a kid back then so some of those storylines are a bit fuzzy).

He is well preserved but I don't understand why anyone continues to drink and drive. Maybe from years of living in NYC and having access to subways-- no, it's not that. I just don't understand why people can't call a cab or a car service or something. I guess the aspect of crashing into someone and possibly killing them is not enough of an incentive not to drink and drive. SMH.

• Members

It baffles me too, especially seeing these people who obviously have enough oney to afford a cab if not a driver--but I have a friend who when he gets drunk you have to physically take his keys away, otherwise he will get out and drive. It's almost like an addict in terms of his behaviour--he just can't be persuaded, though when he's sober he well knows.

• Members

Umm the first PBS miniseries (which got them in a lot of trouble due to the male nudity and gay action--and which is why Showtime aired the subsequent ones) was 1993... I assume that was post ATWT? (His wife was played by Barbara Garrick of OLTL and GL/ATWT fame) I'm surprised you've never seen it. He hooks up with Billy Campbell in a bathouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLkSyphGpTU

• Members

I agree...

However, people often don't think they're drunk when they really are....or when they leave the bar/club/whatever they might be "not so bad" but the alcohol really kicks in whilst they're on the road. Sometimes only "one more" turns into 6 more. Things like that.

I totally agree it's stupid and awful...but that's usually the "logic".

That's why it's always good to bring along a non-drinking friend.

I like my wine and vodka, but thankfully have never driven drunk. I always either walk (I lived in the "gayborhood" when in Houston and could walk to the bars in 3 minutes), or bring along/call a responsible friend.

• Members

Very smart, Eric.

I don't believe I have ever in my life driven myself (or anyone else) to or from a bar/club. I've been to straight bars but find them a bit boring, so it helped when I lived in Houston that I lived a couple minutes - walking distance - away from all (or most) of the gay establishments.

I bet sometimes I looked wasted as hell stumbling home, but thankfully it was so close and I was never mugged, ect. I usually had friends walking with me, anyway. smile.png

• Members

Ha, yeah I usually had cab fare, but I can think of a few times in Montreal where I lived about an hours walk from the gay area--stumbling home in the freezing snow probably looking like a mess. But Montreal's a pretty friendly city with people out and about downtown at all hours, so it was relatively safe.

:o I haven't seen those seasons yet, obviously. I always associate him with The Rocketeer and Once and Again.

Archived