Truth or Dare: Embarrasing Soap Confessions Edition

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I can imagine it LOL.

My aunt met Lynn Herring one time and got her autograph for me and my sister. My sister's name is Lucy and she wrote out this long message on my sister's that was like "From one Lucy to another" while mine was just a basic autograph, and I got irrationally jealous and stole it from sister, hid it in my room, and told her the cat ripped hers up. I still have both of them.

• Members

There were tons. The stories back then were so good and interesting that they used to turn the stories into paperback novels.

A lot of the major stories of the time revolved around Steve & Audrey Hardy, Phil & Jessie Brewer, Lucille March Weeks & Al Weeks, Lee Baldwin, Tom Baldwin, Eddie Weeks & Angie Costello Weeks, Lesley Webber, Cameron Faulkner, Peter & Diana Taylor, Jane & Howie Dawson, Henry & Sharon Pinkham, just to name a few.

The 60s & 70s had stories such as Audrey Hardy's rape, Steve Hardy doing away with racial segregation and hiring GH's first African American doctor, the Vietnam War, Phil Brewer's murder, Lee Baldwin's battle with alcohol, Leonard Nimoy playing Bernie the drug dealer, and Angie Costello's face being damaged in a car crash. But mainly, GH back then was about doctors and nurses going through many personal problems while working together at a hospital somewhere in the United States.

• Members

Add me to Team Obsessed with Erica. ph34r.png I'm the same age as SMG, so when she played Kendall, I used to pretend I was really playing the part and would act out scenes.

In 7th grade, I once laid out the TV guide and figured out how I could watch soaps straights from 10 am my time until 4pm and then faked sick so I could stay home from school to do it. It was not all I'd hoped it would be. I liked Y&R, Days, AMC, and SB, but I couldn't sit through any of the other soaps, save for the occasional episode of AW.

I wrote my first soap fanfic in 8th grade. I currently write Erica-centered fan fic.

When I was six years old, I was OBSESSED with Alexis Colby. Like, I seriously wanted to BE Alexis. Later in elementary school I had a crush on JR Ewing. My dad traveled for work, and my mom would pick him up at the airport, and we'd rush home to get back in time to watch Dallas. My parents were somewhat concerned about my obsession with the "bad" characters, and they weren't at all surprised when I discovered AMC and became a die-hard Erica fan.

I have seen the movie Soapdish enough that I know most of the lines and can pick up all of the subtle references to Erica Kane in it.

• Members

I watched GH during the late 60s and early 70s with my mother. That was the only non-NBC soap she ever watched. Besides the ones you mentioned, the stories I remember best are the grief Phil Brewer gave poor Jessie, Lee's wife Meg having a nervous breakdown after her mastectomy, Lee's affair with his alcoholic secretary, Iris (played by Peggy McCay), Howie's mother constantly interfering in his marriage to Jane, and Henry Pinkham's drug addiction.

• Members

Ahem:

I think Y&R has surpassed Passions as my favorite soap, even though I use to be obsessed with Passions.

I play old Y&R background music on my saxophone (by memory)

I almost resent the fact that all the actors who would have made perfect characters on Y&R or B&B are on different TV shows that I also like (Teen Wolf being one of them)

I think I'm unfortunately surrounded by people who don't watch soaps in my life.

• Members

I liked Frankie and Jennifer as a couple on Days.

I used to take Polaroid photographs of my favorite actors off the tv screen. I wish now that I had kept some of them. I remember I had one of Joel Crothers on The Secret Storm for a long time!

• Members

I'll play. During college, I too went through a period where I was obsessed with Susan Lucci/Erica. All my friends knew and would laugh at me because I was not ashamed and would talked about her non stop. I was desperate to meet her. One of my best friends lived in Long Island near Garden City, I would spend most of my holidays with her and family so when I found out that Susan lived there, would stick my head out the car whenever we drove through in hopes that I would see her walking or in her car. Talk about irrational. LOL!

• Members

I recorded my own Passions "rap" about the characters when I was in fourth grade LOL

As much as I love classic Y&R and enjoy my growing collection of dvds and sharing them with you guys, sometimes it's sooo hard to watch an episode here and there cause i find some of the shows back them to be uneventful.

Someone said that they thought Erica Kane needed therapy, well I wish Eric Braeden/Victor Newman would get therapy to be able to get over this control streak he has going on.

Archived